There was just something about the Panini Knights Lance preview for Donruss that caught my attention other than nostalgic part. I didn't know what it was til I opened it. It's a hidden gem. Meaning, there is something fun waiting for you in every pack just like with the baseball version.
How much fun did I have, well, you know what to do, READ ON!
In every box of 2016 Donruss football is 24 packs of 10 cards each. Good amount of cards. You also get One Autograph, One Memorabilia Cards, and 24 Rookies for about $60 a box. There are 2 inserts and one rookie card per pack.
Every box also contains the following:
- 6 PARALLELS
- 43 INSERTS:
- 2 THE ROOKIES
- 2 DOMINATORS
- 1 THE ELITE SERIES
- 1 THE ELITE SERIES ROOKIES
- 3 GRIDIRON KINGS
- 3 ALL-TIME GRIDIRON KINGS
- 1 FANS OF THE GAME
- 4 PEYTON MANNING TRIBUTE
- 2 PEYTON MANNING TOP TARGETS
- 3 LEGENDS OF THE FALL
- 1 ENSHRINED,
- 3 PRODUCTION LINE YARDAGE
- 3 PRODUCTION LINE TOUCHDOWNS
- 2 PRODUCTION LINE HITS
- 3 LEAGUE LEADERS
- 3 ALL-PROS
- 3 1987 CLASSICS
- 3 OTHER INSERTS
The base card design I really dig. I am not normally one for the borders, but these are really snazzy. Team color themed and the white cursive names stand out. The base set has 400 cards, all sorted by team, and has 100 rookies within those 400 including the popular Rated Rookie.
Players for new teams, including this awfully dreadful Rueben Randle team switch are include as well.
Players of yesterday are featured too!
Rookies. If Eli Apple stays healthy, watch out! It seems the bigger named rookie are apart of the Rated Rookies set that takes up cards 351-400.
Aqueous Test, Press Proofs Blue, Press Proofs Green, Press Proofs Red, Press Proofs Silver #100, Press Proofs Silver Die-Cut #75, Press Proofs Gold #50, Press Proofs Gold Die-Cuts #25, Press Proofs Black /10, and Press Proofs Black Die-Cuts 1/1
Then there is also,
SEASON STAT LINE PARALLEL CARDS: Base /398 , Rookies /389, and Rated Rookies /395.
YEARS STAT LINE PARALLEL CARDS: Base /20 or less, Rookies /5 or less, and Rated Rookies /5.
These are kinda different. I wouldn't have seen it if it hadn't been backwards in the pack.
And the soon-to-be giveaway card of a Press Proof black numbered to 10.
Now onto the inserts. Surprisingly only some of the inserts have parallels.
This years Donruss also pays tribute to The Sheriff, Peyton Manning with two insert sets of his. Wonder if Tracy Hackler had attributed to this.....
Classic insert finds like Legends Of The Fall
Gridiron Kings. I also got the Mariota Studio parallel which feels like canvas.
Fans Of The Game which I landed the best of the best I think (other than Pacino)
Production Line and a throwback to 1987 design.
And it wouldn't be Elite without The Elite Series. Beautiful cards!
Or Dominator....The Elite Series rookies have a different design then the veteran ones.
Now onto the hits. You get two per box from a huge variety of options along with huge autograph chances.
My first pull was this Jersey King of Phillip Rivers, look for this card in a future NFL contest.
And my autograph pull of the box.....RUN DMC! Cool pull! As you all know I am a fan of pop culture and sports combined.
Also find Signature Marks, Enshrined, Super Bowl Signatures, Legends of the Fall, All-Time Gridiron Kings, Gridiron Kings, The Elite Series, Dominators, and The Rookies signatures.
Overall, a very solid break for the price. I felt the same way about the baseball version. I think the number of numbered cards, the hits you could pull, the rookie cards and all of the inserts pack not only a fun box to break, but worth-the-price break.
This is supposed to be a lower-end kinda break but I liked this break more than some of the more expensive stuff. Just like I did with Score and just like it did with Score, it left me wanting more.
Now onto the giveaway.
To win this:
Just read the instructions:
- By the way, make sure you thank Panini America for this review box and check out their site for products like this one and others. Also thank Tracy Hackler and give him a Twitter follow too!
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen after 7 randoms
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me ONE PRO AND ONE CON OF THE PRODUCT. PLEASE ALSO KEEP IN MIND I AM HOPING FOR GOOD PRO/CON FEEDBACK.
- EARN AN EXTRA ENTRY FOR SHARING THIS CONTEST ON YOUR BLOG AND/OR ON TWITTER. Make sure to leave your link in comments too so I can count it. If not, I won't be able to give you the credit. Commenting with it is very important or you WILL LOSE OUT an extra entry!
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on August 29th 2016. Winner will be announced in a separate post on August 30th 2016
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to those that enter!!