Saturday, November 7, 2015

Reminiscing 90's:1992 Mattell Ren&Stimpy, Stimpy Rude Tootin

Key notes for November 7th 1992:
November 7th 1992 was a Saturday
George H.W.Bush was President
Most Popular Movie released in November of 1992 was The Bodyguard (good movie by the way)
Most Popular Book around this time was The Tale Of The Body Thief by Anne Rice.
Billboard Hot 100 number-one single on November 7th 1992 was End Of The Road by Boyz II Men (great song)
SPORTS 1st NBA game at America West Arena and it was between the Phoenix Suns and L.A.Clippers

FEATURED TOY:
I loved watching the Ren&Stimpy show in the 90's. It was sort of the Spongebob of today. The crazy antics of two animals, a cat and a Chihuahua were put on display and my mind got to rot everyday. Stimpy was always my favorite because he wasn't always quite there. Sort of a doofus.

I was glad to have found this pretty solid piece, a 1992 Ren&Stimpy rude toot Stimpy stuffed for a quarter at a yard sale. The tooting doesn't work anymore but you can still hear the air when you press on it.


FEATURED CARDS:
Speaking of doofus', here were a few people who made stupid decisions I could think of from the 90's. Cheaters, liars, trouble makers. Bill wasn't so much of one then, but just because I had his 90's rookie I thought I would throw him in here too. Also for Bill, it may also because he is who he is and coaches who he coaches. All of which I have made known I don't like.

Some cool cards here...

A-roid and Big Macfullofroids. These cards however make me miss Upper Deck even more and especially Collectors Choice. It was such a fun product.

Belicheat. 
Despite my negativity towards these players/coach, you have still gotta enjoy the cards and pay attention to what the people on the cards accomplished on the field whether their methods were truthful or not. 

Who is one of your "Doofus' of the 90's? Did you watch Ren&Stimpy?

2 comments:

  1. Loved Ren & Stimpy. Remember waiting what seemed like forever for new episodes. The first couple season are classic. Then the creator guy left and the quality took a dive.

    As for 90s doofus, how about Albert Belle? The time he threw a baseball at a fan. Or the corked bat, maybe. Not smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU SEEEEEEEK MONKEY, YOU BLOATED SACK OF PROTOPLASM! :)

    ReplyDelete