Sunday, November 15, 2015

It's Time For Giants vs Patriots Again!

Call today's game what you will, but when the Giants and Patriots match-up, according to the last four games, this will be a doozy.

My hatred towards the Patriots has been long standing and you would think they were apart of the NFC East, but they are not. I just don't know what it is about them, the coach, their QB, their continuous winning*, the fans I know, whatever it is, I root against them all of the time.

So it always makes things more interesting when my Giants play them as I have many friends and family that are die-hard Patriots fans. Luckily I have had the upper edge in the last few face to face games as in the last four match-ups, not counting the preseason, the Giants are 3-1 against them including two Super Bowl wins.

The one loss, the Patriots final game in their 16-0 season. A game I will say the Giants had until late third/fourth quarter. But, that loss was okay, it built momentum to a Super Bowl 42 win so I will take it.

As you will see, I get a tiny bit excited about a Super Bowl win against them (sadly this is only a few items).

Mug:
 

 FatHead:

Pennant:
  

Hats:

Beckett's: 

Card Sets: 

My favorite set of them all, I have two copies and would def take more. Real Super Bowl ticket stub!! 

Panini's Super Bowl 46 set:
Interestingly enough, the last two times they met in the regular season, it led to a Super Bowl match-up. How great would Super Bowl 50 be if that was the case :)

However, since their last match-up, the Patriots have continued on winning was as the Giants have fallen from grace til this season as they are in first place in the ugly NFC East. This season the Giants are winning against sub-par teams, besides the big Buffalo Bills road win. How will they fare against an undefeated powerhouse like the Patriots? I am not sure.

I do know the key to beating the Patriots is not stopping these two, but slowing them down. If you can do that, you give yourself a chance.

The only issue with that for the Giants, their horrific defense. It's not even close to the one that beat them the last few times. I think the key is this guy who made an impact last week, but will have to be a firework on defense to help slow down the Pats.
What's my prediction for this game, I think the Giants will put forth a great effort, but unless I see massive improvement from their injury riddled defense, it will be hard to beat the Patriots.

So I will say 31-20 Patriots as painful as it is to admit, but not being able to slow down Gronk will be the main reason. But, I won't fully count out the Giants as a possible threat to them and their undefeated season. And obviously I will be cheering hard!

Let's hear your predictions for the game!

1 comment:

  1. I was really cheering for you guys to bust up another perfect season for the Pats. Heckuva game, though!

    ReplyDelete