Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Breakin Wax:1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFx Football 3-Pack Break

Upper Deck has always been known for their sweet photography on their base cards and for being hobby firsts in innovation. They to me are also known for putting out some of the most impressive non-photography products in the 90's as well.

One immediately comes to mind in Upper Deck HoloGrFX.
Upper Deck
In every pack of 1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFx is 3 cards. I found my packs at Jammin JDcards for only $1.25 and you can to right HERE.

The base cards were a bit thicker than normal and had a very nice "square" holographic background design to them. I will kick it off with my best player hit from the pack lot. As a Giants fan, I cringe at the sight of Emmitt after so many years of abuse to my team. But, as a collector, I smile.


Back Of The Cards

Rookies that fall 1:3 packs. I didin't care much for the photo they chose for this one however. It makes him look like he was trying to find a spot in the quantum leap swirl to drop off a number 2.

A nice insert pull of Troy Aikman. These fall at 1:4 packs.

And the bigger boom of the lot. 1:17 gold auSOME parallel Rookie FrFX of Torry Holt. This was a great pull!
Overall, well worth the $1.25. It was worth it alone for the base cards, then you add on the two nice insert pulls, it was an auSOME break. See what I did there ;)

I need to go back to Jammin JDcards for some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment