Wednesday, September 23, 2020

The Better Experience

*coffee grounds in my coffee this morning, 2020 summed up in one cup. Guess I will have to brew another. In the meantime, let's talk about a real nice surprise Clark. Sorry inner Christmas Vacation coming out. I will cut it out with the early morning cheesy jokes and get onto a seriously good mail day*

 
The jury is still out on Trading Card Database for me, but, I recently had a very positive moment from the site that may give me some light about giving the website a second chance.

On my Set Help post for 1995 Fleer Prospects, I had a comment from Trading Card Database member jimetal7212 who said he had a couple of the cards for my set chase and just to contact him with my address. I was both caught by surprise, excitement and questioning it since I didn't remember ever having any interactions with him.
 
 (Steve Walsh understood my feelings)
 
But, I gave him my info and he sent the two cards and more along when the mail day arrived.

(if these don't scream 90's not sure what does)
 
Jack Jackson and Rob Johnson fill in two of my set needs for the 1995 Fleer NFL Prospects and I am slowly creeping towards this 20 card set as I am only 4 away!

Not only did he send those two, but also sent a bunch more set help,


1995 Ultra Achievement

 
 

 1995 Pinnacle
 
 1995 Fleer Ultra Gold Medallion


 1995 Score Red Siege (I believe I am halfway there to this one)
 
1994 Fleer Pro Visions
 
I was blown away! Never had any interaction with this person but they took note of my bad experience to make it better. Imagine if rest of the world did this in the hobby or in real life. What a world we could live in.
 
*drinking a fresh hot cup of coffee makes this post even better* 
 
That's the kind of experience I kept hearing others talk/blog about when it comes to using TCDB. It surely wasn't like my first time there. I guess it is like real life. You just have to meet the right people. Or even maybe like a cup of coffee. Sometimes there is some coffee with creamer and other cups with straight up cup grounds in it like my first experience.

With this moment that had me feeling like this I may go back again give the website another try to see if I can have other good experiences.
 
Maybe the more good people like jimetal7212 I meet, my circle can grow from there. Who knows. I think the biggest thing is they have got to accept and take a chance on me but also realize I won't be posting any trade bait or doing collections. Like the meme that I see go around on Facebook all of the time, "Ain't nobody got time for that", I simply don't have the time to add in thousands of cards. I am a "what do you collect and let me see what I have type of trader" and do all of my cataloging on here which isn't up to date too often. I will need to add these new set adds to the blog soon.

Thank you again jimetal7212 for being a positive light in the darkness I felt on that website or in coffee terms, thanks for being the creamer and making my cup brighter.

*breakfast time with the next cup, coffee blogger out*

No comments:

Post a Comment