Saturday, September 26, 2020

Malone and Mantle

A new thread popped up on Twitter recently that was a lot of fun. It's sort of trading, but not.

It's simply offer up a card you don't need for your collection via PWE, if someone claims it, you mail it to them and they must offer up a freebie themselves for others to claim including yourself. Same goes if you find a card you want, you can claim it but must also throw up a freebie yourself.

The first week I joined in I claimed two and gave away six. That's just because I hate shipping one card PWE. The other card hasn't arrived yet that I claimed but this one did just two days later.


Karl Malone was a must need once I saw it and was my first claim from the thread. Mainly because I showed up late and a lot of other stuff had already been claimed. But, you combine 90's insert and the mail man, it was an obvious connection.

Thanks to @ThomasLeeGreen for the mail day.

My next mail day came from The Diamond King who sent me a big surprise with some Shiny Mantles after seeing my post about the Chrome Mantle reprints I recently added.

Except mine weren't cool refractors like these.

 
2007 Topps Chrome /500

 
2008 Topps Chrome


2007 Topps Chrome /500
 
These are the coolest Mantles I own yet! I will have to update my PC numbers for him at some point but most, if not all of my Mantle collection is all new stuff. Only one vintage card I own of him.

Thanks to The Diamond King for the nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment