Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Having A Ball

Sport cards have no monetary value for me, it's all for fun.

So when I say I am having a ball in the hobby, I am.

Though that sometimes means something else as well.
Thats where David Ball comes into play.


Your like who?

The guy nicknamed White Rice who broke Jerry Rice’s two-plus decade long Division 1-AA record for touchdown receptions and also a guy who played for the state I live in for high school football, a team I used to vs against in high school and looking at his years of play possibly played against him, before playing for a college that’s only a state away.

He may not have gotten too far with his NFL career bouncing around practice squads including the Bears (his cards are all Bears), Jets and Eagles and multiple CFL teams, but I think it’s extremely cool he made it that far and that’s why I am chasing his cards.

So if you have any. Just let me know.

Ball currently is a PE teacher back in my state, a few hours away, and I currently have 2 cards of him. So many more to go. 

His touchdown record was also broken by Cooper Kupp back in 2016.

2 comments:

  1. You have your work cut out for you. 176 cards (149 serial #d), 78 auto'd, 20 base, 92 parallels, 24 inserts and 39 insert parallels. I will keep my eye out for any. I'll even dig through that auto/relic football trade box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow he has more than I thought haha! And thanks!!

      Delete