As a New Year begins all of us have what is called Hobby Resolutions. This is something you set like a New Years Resolution (just hopefully we all stick to these) you may want to fix with your collection, buying preferences, hobby additions and maybe even some hobby subtractions. Everyone’s Resolutions will look different depending on what type of collector you are.
Here are some of my Hobby Resolutions:
1. Get more of my base cards sorted. Right now I catalog all of my common base cards by number, set, brand and year. I want to do more with them. Maybe sort them by team or take out some more of the star players. I haven’t done a star player update in awhile and players like Aaron Rodgers, Prince Fielder and others have come a long ways since my last update. I store my Star players by player and by sport in a big 8,000 count white boxes.
2. Re-Teach myself star players from other sports that are not football. This will help improve my reviews and other posts about cards on here. There are some players that are not so obvious anymore and every year there are breakout players so keeping up to date is very important.
3. Continue to improve my blog. I have reworked it a lot last year in its first 9 months. I like where things are and right now wouldn’t change a thing. However there is always room for improvement in terms of adding even more card content and I plan on doing so. Bring back some more product previews as well as some Flashback Products and Random Cards Of The Day.
4. Would finally like to add an Eli Manning autograph to my collection. I prefer it be in card form however.
5. I would like to try and get all of my jersey, jersey-auto, autograph, patch and so on cards typed up and catalogued on the computer with updated pricing as well. I at one time had all of this done then fell behind on both keeping up with the pricing and with keeping them typed up.
These are only 5 Hobby Resolutions but as we all know, it’s better to start small just like with New Years Resolutions and build from there. I am sure there are others I can add but would like to accomplish these first.
What are some of your Hobby Resolutions?