Tuesday, September 3, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Bowman Sterling Baseball (HUGE HITS)

Guess what's back...back again...Sterlings back..tell your friends.

Well, I am.

It's been five long years since we have seen Bowman Sterling but now it's back on the market and it is hot stuff. I have seen so many breaks of it and just about all of them had big hits.

So when I finally got my hands onto a box, I hoped to hit the same and guess what....I did.

Wanna see it, well read on!

Every box of 2019 Bowman Sterling baseball comes with 5 packs of 6 cards. Each pack has an autograph, making it five autographs per box, and each box runs roughly $220.

BASE:

The base is a simple chrome design. Looks pretty familiar to past releases. Has a border which most collectors like.



There are 100 cards in the base set including rookies and prospects. So this is not a veteran based product. However, all of the key prospects and rookies are included.


PARALLELS:
Being chromed, we are expecting refractors and they did not disappoint here.

Overall look at refractors:
Base Refractor /199, Speckle /99, Gold /50, Blue /25, Black Atomic /10, Red /5, SuperFractor 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.
Base refractor

Blue /25

INSERTS:
I don't know how often inserts fall, but I pulled one and it was a beaut!

Sterling Retrospect Black Atomic refractor /10!

HITS:
Overall looking at the autograph parallels, Base Refractor /150, Wave /125, Speckle /99, Orange /75, Gold /50, Blue /25, Black Atomic /10, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1.
Blaze Alexander

Ronny Mauricio

Travis Swaggerty Speckle /99

Luis Urias refractor! Nice card!

Vladimir Guerrero Jr! Woooooooooooooooooo! Blue Sterling Die Cut auto /25! This was actually out of my first pack so it set the pace for the rest of the break.

Other hits not in my box include,
  • Sterling Retrospect Autographs
  • Dual Refractor Autographs
  • Triple Refractor Autographs
OVERALL THOUGHTS: Don't think I have opened anything this hot all year. Two nice autos, three others with potential. Then on top of it some decent named base and a /10 insert hit. I can see why I could hear and see so many collectors raving about this product.

My only wish going forward if this product continues to stay is adding in some veteran content. Maybe like 50 base. I know most Bowman products focus on rookies and prospects but it would be great to see some vets mixed in with these great designs.

If you want in on a box break of this product without paying box prices, I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the giveaway on Twitter I am hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment