Monday, September 30, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Bowman Chrome Baseball

It's that time of year again. It's time to stick some chrome on some Bowman base in all of it's glorious-ness.

To me, anything that's chrome, is a  must have. But, anything that's chrome and a rookie heavy product, it's a definite.

Let's see how my 2019 Bowman Chrome break goes?

In a master box of 2019 Bowman Chrome master box, there are two mini boxes. Each mini box comes with 6 packs and one autograph making 12 packs and two autographs per master box. Boxes currently run $125.

BASE CARDS
The base card design is simply chroming up the base cards of Bowman. The base set is built of 100 cards including stars from today and

stars from tomorrow. All of the key rookies are in the product including Vlad Jr and Pete Alonso.

There is also another base chrome set in the Prospect set which contains players appearing on a Bowman card for their first time. There are 100 cards to find in this set as well.

And it wouldn't be a newer product if it didn't include base card variations for select rookies in the product.

PARALLELS:
As with anything chrome, there are refractors and that's my key draw in to a product like this. Those crisp shiny cards catch my eye.

There are refractor parallels for both the base cards and the prospect ones.

BASE CARD REFRACTORS:Base Ref /499, Purple /250, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, SuperFractor 1/1.

PROSPECT REFRACTORS: Base Ref /499, Purple /250, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, SuperFractor 1/1.

SHIMMER REFRACTOR PARALLELS: Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /10, Black /5.

Purple shimmer. Not numbered on this one. One shimmer per box.

Base card refractor /499

Blue /150

INSERTS:

The following parallels can be found,
Atomic #/150, Orange #/25, SuperFractor 1/1. 

Solid design all around on these.



Stat Tracker

 Arizona Fall League

Elite Farmhands

HITS:
 Adam Kloffestein

Brazyn Marquez

My autographs weren't the best. As everyone knows, I hate seeing pitchers as both my hits.

Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours includes,
  • 2018 Arizona Fall League AFL Fall Stars Autographs
  • Arizona Fall League Alumni Autographs
  • All-America Game Autographs
  • Elite Farmhands Autographs
  • Prime Autograph
  • Stat Tracker Autographs
  • 2018 Arizona Fall League AFL Fall Stars Relics
  • 2018 AFL Fall Stars Autograph Relics
  • Chrome Autographed Relics
Here is the overall checklist for 2019 Bowman Chrome Baseball, find it HERE.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: My hits were not great, but it's still a rookie heavy product so your value may come at a later date instead of a now. Even though my hits weren't great, I still enjoyed Bowman Chrome overall like I always have. If you are fan once, you will always be a fan.

Also, sorry I tossed the wrapper on this one before I was able to take a picture of the odds on the back. I will try to make sure not to do that next time.

If you want in on a box break of this product without paying box prices, I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the giveaway on Twitter I am hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment