Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: Topps Heritage Baseball Blaster 2013

Everyone was raving about this product..how could I not give it a go. This is a product though I wouldn't invest hobby money into. One, its got one hit per hobby box. Most likely 9 out of 10 times its a no name memorabilia hit. But thats just my opinion. I have seen big hits as well. But for me, its a retail buy. I have even hit a red auto before from retail which might be more than I would have pulled from hobby. I am not one to put $70 into a one hit product. For that price I am looking for multiple hits. Like I said, just my opinion.

Now onto my other thoughts:

Box Break Down:
  • 7 Packs Per Box, 9 Cards Per Pack
  • 1 Blue Walmart Parallel per box
  • $20 a Box 

Base Card
Back Of Base


BASE CARDS: The design pays tribute to 1964. Though the design isn't bad, the cards don't have the "Heritage" feel anymore. They still have the scent of Heritage, but the feel of the cards are much thinner. And the cardboard doesn't have the classic rough feel like they used to. This part of the base cards was disappointing. I do like base sets that include managers and that make the subsets different than the base such as league leaders and the rookie cards.




INSERTS:  I like the News Flashback design but the other two inserts feel like subset cards to me. Not very exciting. The Blue Parallels are unique.And if you stick anything with chrome on it...I am very happy.
AUTOGRAPHS: N/A

JERSEY/PATCH CARDS:N/A
OVERALL THOUGHTS: Don't know if we got our value back or not from this break. Will have to wait til the price guide hits to judge. But first assumption would be about even or a little amount in return. The base design is nice.Heritage despite a little different feel is still one of my favorite buys of the year and I would probably try it again in retail form.

RATINGS:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 5
                Base Design: 4
                Insert Design: 3
                Memorablila/Autographs: NA
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment