Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fan Mail Day: Tiger Woods Rookie..I finally have one!

There are some really good people in this hobby, we hope we are considered one of them, but a few weeks ago we were talking to @indianagolfpro on Twitter discussing sports cards, his set needs and wants, some great Griffey Jr cards he posted and then Tiger Woods. As our discussion went on I had mentioned having wanted a Tiger Woods rookie. I didn't want anything high end. Just wanted one of the worlds top golfer. And no matter what mistakes he made, we all make mistakes, you have still got to give him that title. He is once again showing it this year so far.

Though I have found some very reasonably priced, I never picked one up and had always regretted not getting one. As our discussion went on, he is a HUGE Tiger Woods fan and collector, he mentioned having 3 or 4 of the Upper Deck rookie cards then offered to mail me one for nothing. I was very thankful and thanked him many times. Then also mentioned he was throwing in a Tiger Tales set also.

Yesterday was a very exciting day as I received the package in the mail and tore right into it like it had been a cheeseburger wrapper. And there it was sitting on top. I reached in and was finally in possession of a Tiger Woods rookie card!!!! Wow!

Here it is:

 photo IMG_0875_zps4ece7971.jpg

Under the Woods card was the complete set of Tiger Tales cards. I have chosen a few favorites from the set to show off.

 photo IMG_3759_zps0285eb32.jpg 

 photo IMG_3506_zps1890b233.jpg  

 photo IMG_3322_zps00e0e853.jpg 

 photo IMG_2939_zpsb8d267e3.jpg  

 photo IMG_1760_zps407f8bd2.jpg 

  photo IMG_5838_zpsdc6e4c86.jpg

In closing, I am very excited to have added this card to my PC and the others as well. They will sit in a special place. And of course this wouldn't be closing without saying  thank you again to @indianagolfpro for his amazing generosity. We need more people like him in this hobby. And if you have Twitter and are not following him yet, please do so. Talk some sports, talk cards, and most importantly talk some Tiger Woods and golf with him. Great guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment