Friday, April 26, 2013

Review: Sage HIt Football HIgh Series 2013

Really liked what we saw in the Low Series and with the High Series having Geno Smith among others in it..we had to try it.

 photo IMG_5848_zpsc5c6c94d.jpg

Box Break Down:
  • 14 Packs Per Box, 7 Card Per Pack
  • Two Autographs
  • $20 a Box 

  photo IMG_3184_zps77d785cf.jpg

 photo IMG_6220_zps5d14e0b8.jpg 
 
 photo IMG_6167_zps94af8c18.jpg 
 
BASE CARDS: Last year I complained about the design of these. Not so much this year. Sage is doing the best they can without licensing on the helmets. I do wish they did more photos without any helmets then it wouldn't bother me as much. Its really hard to see a product with helmet decal removal but most of these photos are well done without team helmets which excites me and tells me to give Sage two thumbs up. The Spotlight subset card is very nicely done and I think a lot of people will enjoy this design. I also like to use these base cards to get rookie autos TTM (Through The Mail) on. They are low to none on the gloss and are great to be signed on.

INSERTS: N/A (Hobby Only)
 
 photo IMG_6634_zps14107dc8.jpg  

 photo IMG_6686_zps24b2ec2b.jpg 
AUTOGRAPHS: The product states 2 autos per box and thats what we got. I really dig the design on these. The autographs are enclosed with a gold foil and the sticker or whatever they seem to be signed on jumps off the card at you and these two appear to be more on card than the two we got in the Low Series Very good job here by Sage in I really like the fact they used blue ink for these autos and they did such a good job in terms of design. I like the landscape layout as a switch up of getting the autographs done portrait style

JERSEY/PATCH CARDS:N/A
OVERALL THOUGHTS: Not a bad base card design. A ton of base in a box so you really get to load up on the new rookies. My only negative would be having the two autographs packed separately in the box. Though I love collecting rookie cards, opening the packs for just base cards takes away a little bit of the excitement when you already know what your autographs are. I wished the autos were inserted into the packs.With so many cards even if they are worth $1 each you have value. And even with no name autos as we appeared to hit in this break they are worth $6 each at least. That alone makes up value in the box. But I do wish they would add the parallels back to the retail product. I used to like pulling the silver foil board ones. With the autographs packed separately so you see them first, the rest are base cards, so I think mixing in the inserts and the 2 autographs into the packs will make it a much more fun product to bust. But there is definitely value here.


RATINGS:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 4
                Base Design: 4
                Insert Design: NA
                Memorablila/Autographs: 4
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment