Sunday, July 7, 2019

Cardboard Review:2019 Topps Stadium Club Baseball

It's that time of year again when one of collectors favorite releases comes out and it's not for reasons like other releases.

Stadium Club baseball is back again and comes with everyone's favorite photography. So why don't we take a look at a box and see what it has to offer and my thoughts on it.

In every box of 2019 Topps Stadium Club baseball there are 16 packs of 8 cards. You should find two autographed cards in every box as well which are on card. Boxes currently are $80 per.

Also in every box are these overszied Boxloaders which I hadn't heard about until I opened up the box. One can only hope it's an autograph numbered to 10 or less which is the other version but....

I just got the base. Still awesome because of it's photography.

Speaking of photography, the base card set is full of it. FULL OF IT.  Full bleed color photos without a border is the definite way to go.

There are 300 cards to collect in the base set with lots of great shots like this Kole Calhoun which may be one of my favorites. I am also sharing a few more from my box that I really enjoyed.

The base set also covers stars from today, rookies of tomorrow and legends of past. All of which add a great mix to the base set unlike other releases.

(I had to include this one, I mean, it's my main baseball PC)

His bats are on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirre! His bats are on fiiiiirree

Shin-Soo Choo being spied on

Luis Urias looking for some lunch

THE YAAAANKKEEEEES WIN! THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANNNKEEEES WIN!

Ernie has one bat per inning

Jose Walking away from the game or into it? Hmm.

Ozzie flips us off

We move onto the parallels. Which the foil change on the names don't do much for me but still being able to see the photography does.

Black Foil. Just a name change to black. They fall 1:8 packs.


Red Foil falls 1:3 packs.

Rainbow Foil /25 falls 1:147 packs. These look great with the photography.

Other parallels to find are,
  • Sepia
  • Black/White 1:48 packs
  • Members Only 1:256 packs
  • 1st Day Issue 1:367 packs
  • Photographer’s Proof  1:513 packs
  • Gold Rainbow Foilboard 1/1  that falls 1:1,808 Hobby packs
Time to take a look at the inserts.

Emperors Of The Zone fall 1:8 packs

Power Zone (need the Griffey) falls 1:8 packs. At least I landed a new card for the Gleyber pc

Beam Team 1:16 packs

Warp Zone 1:8 packs

Stadium Club Chrome one per box. When do we see this as a stand alone set???!!

Instavision! Can't believe I pulled one of these sick looking cards and Aaron Judge to boot! These fall 1:320 packs. Takes me back to the days when I couldn't pull them back in the 90's either

Now to my hits of the box. To me, these aren't the main focus with this product.
Corbin Burnes

Kevin Newman

I don't know either of those guys. However, I have heard there are a lot of boxes like this so I figured my hits weren't going to be strong with this one despite there actually being a solid list of hits and signers for the product.

Here are other hits I missed out on,
  • Beam Team Autographs
  • Co-Signers Autographs
  • Emperors of the Zone Autographs
  • Lone Star Autographs
  • Power Zone Autographs
  • Autographed Oversized Base Topper
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I can't say this enough, if you buy Stadium Club, you are buying it for the photography and nostalgia. Don't expect a big hit or rely on one with this product even though there are some to chase. I think a lot of collectors mistake that when they rip a box and are left disappointed while other collectors like myself understand what to expect from Stadium Club and it's glory.

My box wasn't strong in hits obviously, but that Judge was a great find and a couple of PC cards along with the fun photography was enough for this collector. Once again, if you are a hit thrill hunter, it's better to go elsewhere. But, if you loved what you saw above, then dive right in.

Like what you see and don't want to break the bank on a full box, find a breaker to do so with, and I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire! Just check them out and see for yourself!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the giveaway on Twitter I am hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment