Monday, October 24, 2022

Cardboard Review:2022 Topps Archives Baseball

Baseball cards don't always have to be the next best thing, they can be a visit from the past.

That's what you get when you break into a box of Topps Archives. This year's edition is no different, so let's take a look and see what it has to offer.

Every hobby box of 2022 Topps Archives baseball comes with 24 packs of 8 cards. Boxes come with 24 packs of 8 cards and 2 autographs.

There is also a box topper, post card, that greets you immediately on top.

A closer look at it. Not a bad kick off to this box.

Let's see the rest.

BASE:

  
This years base card set pays tribute to 1963, 1978 and 1987. There are legends,

veterans,

And rookies.

 
(1:6 packs)

  
(1:6 packs)

 
2005 (1:24 packs) and 1992 (1:6 packs)

Along with a couple short-printed subsets as well that makes up the 380-card base set.

PARALLELS:
You can find the following parallels in Archives,
Rainbow Foil /150, Green /125, Silver /99, Red /75, Red Hot Foil /50, Blue Foil /25, Orange Hot Foil /15 (Hobby), and FoilFractor 1/1.
Rainbow Foil /150

Silver /99

Red Hot Foil /50 (nice card and parallel)

INSERTS:
Only three inserts to find, this is the main one.
Post Cards has 15 cards that falls 1:8 packs.

HITS:
Adam Frazier autograph

Luke Williams Autograph

I guess the positive spin on these pulls...they are on-card.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I really like the layout of Archives, but as always the value is a toughie for me. I have yet to pull a big-name autograph from this product since I started opening it. I think for me anyways, I take a shot at retail for this product. Yeah, you may not get an autograph, but there is a chance. But, you do get the taste of the product and land some of your favorite players in a classic design.

I was happy to finally land a Bobby Witt Jr and Julio Rodriguez rookie for my PC.

I would say looking at this break, the Ohtani was by far the headlining pull.

Thoughts on my break and the product welcomed in comments.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a big Archives guy, but it all kinda got old for me and I don't bother with it much anymore. Weird to see rookie Reggie in the '63 design.

    I like that Winfield, tho! Hey, is it time for another PWE swap? :)

    ReplyDelete