Monday, January 19, 2015

Breakin Wax: 1992-1993 Skybox Basketball Pack Break

Skybox was another one of those popular brands of the 90's. More so in the late 90's. But if you don't experience a product from it's beginning eras, you will never know how they figured out to build a great product in the end. That's why Skybox basketball 1992-1993 had to be busted.

In every pack of 1992-1993 Skybox is 12 cards. In this day and age you can probably find these packs pretty cheap and to bust just for fun.

The base card design is totally 90's with bright colors and "flames" glowing off from the basketball sorta like video game NBA Jam. You know, the video game when your player starts to make multiple shots in a row and gets called "on fire" causing the ball to have a glow appearance. Seems Skybox did the same thing here. I guess that means Alicia Keys would say THESE CARDS ARE ON FIIIIIIIIIRRREE!

DIKEMBE MUTOMBO!!!

Subset cards

MJ!! I always enjoy finding an MJ in a pack. Coaches cards were fun too. I wished they would include more of them again. I think this not just for the NBA either. What about NFL? Would love a Coughlin card!
Overall, this break was for fun which is exactly what it turned out to be. I do like the Jordan addition and is one I didn't have so that helped. This product may be something I try again on a rainy day :)

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite Skybox set. The earlier and later issues were too computer modified for my tastes. I completed it in 2013, minus the error Spurs team ticket. It is also the only 413 card set in NBA history. I'm only 2 or 3 of the Draft Picks away from that compete insert set too.

    ReplyDelete