Saturday, January 31, 2015

Breakin Wax:1999-2000 Topps Basketball Series 1 Pack Break

You wanted another edition of Breakin Wax, well you got it. Especially if you are a fan of basketball cards.

In each pack of 1999-2000 Topps basketball cards is 11 cards. These cards are a mix of veterans and rookies. Speaking of rookies, this was the year of some great ones such as Jason Terry, Ron Artest, Elton Brand, Baron Davis, and Lamar Odom among many others. Packs can be found relatively cheap.

I will say right off, I hated this border color. It was so ugly and bright. I am not quite sure if Topps was trying to mock a basketball or what, but to me it looks like they are in orange jello or something. At least the photography is still nice.


I was always a big fan of Larry Johnson so I was pretty stoked to had found him in my pack.

And a nice insert pull to top it off! Hakeeeeeeeeeemmm Olajuwon! These inserts fell at 1:12 odds. I seem to be having some great luck recently with late 90's Topps basketball.
Overall, no rookies again, but an insert was pulled so that made me happy. With my recent luck maybe I should go back and try a few of these over again. You just never know what you may pull or which player will show up.  Most importantly, the fun you can have.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It's been 15 years since Elton Brand was a rookie? I remember the "Best to Worst to Best again?" talk when the Bulls drafted him. Thanks for making me feel old!

    ReplyDelete