Sunday, January 25, 2015

Breakin Wax: 2014 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box

I LOVE TOPPS CHROME! There I said. Phew. Now all I have to do is tell you how my box break went.

Sorry about not having a box pic, but I am gonna give the breakdown anyways. In every box of 2014 Topps Chrome baseball is 24 packs and 4 cards per pack for $50 a box. Each box contains two autographs and a assorted amount of refractor parallels.

The base card design is as simple as can be, Topps took their base card design and chromed it. So simple that it looks great.

Here are my rookies. No Abreu like I had hoped, but did find a few good ones.

Yankee PC add and also the start of my rainbow.

Refractors.

X-Factors. Look, another Dean Anna!

I thought these look superb done in Chrome, 1989 Topps.

This card is what I considered to be the best hit of my box, a red refractor my first ever pull of one numbered to 25.

Topps Shelf that falls one-per-box

Die-Cut sweetness!

First autograph

Second autograph that is also a refractor.
Overall, not great hits, but between those, the refractors and rookie cards I felt there was plenty here for value. This also means that more than likely I am going back for more especially at its price point.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. 2015 Topps will look great on Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could we trade for the autos? If so please email me at caitlinjennings64@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete