Sunday, July 28, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Topps Compete Hobby Set

With both Topps Series 1 and Series 2 released, it's time again for the Topps Complete Boxed sets.

These sets are great for collectors who don't want to spend the time or money building their own. I know if I collected newer sets this would be the way to go. Only problem, you don't get to open packs or find hits. However, you get the complete set along with a bonus usually.

Today I am ripping open a hobby version of the complete set.

Here is the outside of the box. Usually go for $60. There are actually 701 cards in the box as the Vlad Guerrero Jr card is included in the set. That's good since I didn't pull one from Series 2.

Open it up, and you find all of the cards from the set along with a special pack of five parallel cards each numbered to 162.

Here's who I found in my parallel pack break.
Shane Bieber

Rich Hill. think I pulled him last year as well from this break.

Austin Romine

Willson Contreras

SF Giants team card

There are other variations of the set to find as well with their own special bonuses.

2019 Topps Baseball Complete Set Target Factory Box Break (Green)

5 Rookie Image Variations
1 Chrome Rookie Image Variation
701-Card Base Set

2019 Topps Baseball Complete Set Target Factory Box Break (Orange)

5 Rookie Image Variations
5 Chrome Greatest Card Reprints
701-Card Base Set

2019 Topps Baseball Complete Set Retail Factory Box Break (Blue)
5 Rookie Image Variations
701-Card Base Set

2019 Topps Baseball Complete Set All-Star Game Factory Break (ASG)

5 MLB All-Star Game Cards
701-Card Base Set (with ASG Stamp)

Many great options when you are buying. I guess it depends on which version interests you the most. To me, that orange box has some great stuff in it and the word chrome is mentioned so that alone has my attention.

Let me know in comment which set you would choose and why or do you just complete your own by hand?

Have a great day!

Breakers don't break this stuff, but if you do want to be in a box break for other products,  I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the giveaway on Twitter I am hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment