Wednesday, November 3, 2021

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2021 Bowman Platinum Baseball Mega Box

I will admit that I didn't watch one single MLB playoff game and am probably the only person who didn't. Just not a fan of baseball anymore but would like to say congrats to the Atlanta Braves and their fans on the win. At least Houston didn't win.

Even though I don't watch baseball doesn't mean I don't collect baseball cards, because I still do. Cards are cards to me and I am still a big rookie card guy. So seeing this rookie class along with the next one in today's prospecting product makes me smile.

Here comes Bowman Platinum that can only be found in retail at Walmart in both blaster and mega box form.

In every box of 2021 Bowman Platinum Mega there are 20 packs of 5 cards each. Boxes run $80 and they also come with two autographs. In today's hobby standards, this is actually a pretty sweet deal looking at the player checklists for autographs.

BASE:
 
The base card set is made up of 100 cards with veterans

and rookies. They have a rainbow foil shine and stick with the basics Platinum has always brought us. Except it feels the cardboard they print on seems to get thinner every year. Maybe they ran over a Gypsy. (don't get the reference, watch the movie thinner by Stephen King)

Just like with Bowman that has rookies and veterans, there is a separate Prospects checklist of 100 cards. Honestly, I would rather have these be apart of the base set. It's my same feelings for Bowman.

PARALLELS:
Bowman Platinum offers the following parallels.
Ice Foil, Foilboard /299, Aqua Ice Foilboard /250, Pink /199, Blue /150, Green /99, Green Icy Foil /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /10, and Foilfractor 1/1.

The odds are never in your favor as there are no guarantees you will get a parallel in a box, but they do exist. I pulled a blue /150.

INSERTS:
Platinum Etchings is a tough pull that I didn't know until now. These fall 1:267 packs.

Precious Elements has 30 cards at 1:5 odds.

v

Renowned Rookies has 20 cards to collect and falls 1:5 packs.

Meteoric falls 1:10 packs and has 20 cards to collect.

HITS:
Pitcher auto..

Freddy Valdez

I must point out before coming to my overall thoughts that even though I landed two prospect autographs in my break does not mean there are not veteran hits to find. There a big names on the checklist like Trout and Judge to and even relic cards.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Two autographs, a good amount of cards=success I think. Even though my box didn't provide a big boom, that just means I left those out there for you to find.

Let me know your thoughts about this product in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment