Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Prepon This Mail Day Post From Dennis

 
Christmas may be over, but posts about my mail days from Christmas are not.

I received quite a few mail days overall around Christmas, with some being from trades, some being from RAKs and some being my usual Christmas gifts from yearly collecting buddies.

To kick off this New Year, my blog posts are going to be playing catchup on all of those mail days which begins with todays from Dennis over at Too Many Verlander's blog fame.

Every year, Dennis hits up quite a few bloggers and maybe even former bloggers with his excellent Christmas mail days. Mine, as with any mail day I get from Dennis, did not disappoint.
\
This is a Gold Medallion from one of the top running backs in NY Giants history.

I can't remember, but pretty sure I claimed this card and

this one as well for my 90's PC. I never turn down a great looking 90's card regardless of who the player is.

Speaking of that, this Bernie Williams right here may have been one of my favorite cards from the entire mail day. This is from 1998 Pacific Paramount and I definitely need the Griffey like this now.


Kadarius Toney isn't one of my most favorite former Giants players, but he was still in blue if even for a short time. The Prizm green is a super shiny cool in-person card.

Plaxico Burress however is one of my favorites. He is also the one I believe helped lead Eli Mannings career and definitely was the reason the Giants made a run in 2008 and beat the Patriots in Super Bowl 42.
Allan Houston will always rank as one of my favorite Knicks all time. I think this may be an in-person or TTM autograph? Not sure if this one is on his checklist. I haven't had the chance to check either.

The next two cards Dennis must have seen on my all-time want list.
My very first Ike Hilliard autograph. I don't know how I didn't already have one since Ike played for the Gmen so long ago, but I didn't. Now I do and he can be crossed off.

 
And Laura Prepon who most may remember as Donna Pinciotti in That 70's Show. That's the main reason I wanted to have this autograph. This goes in the non-sports nostalgia pc part.

There you have it. Another great mailing by Dennis. Thanks again.

This is just one of many mail day Christmas posts I have to come. So, grab your coffee, hot cocoa and get ready for a long ride to see some really fun cards.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Matt! Glad you liked these :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw that title I thought there better be a Laura Prepon auto in here .. sure enough!

    Love the Bernie glove card. That Todd Walker Hard Hats insert is a nice one as well. Dennis always delivers the goods!

    ReplyDelete