Friday, January 30, 2015

Breakin Wax: 1998-1999 Topps Basketball Series 1 Pack Break

Topps basketball in the 90's was fun and produced some memorable and valuable inserts later in the 90's. Especially when you landed Jordan. I wanted to rip a pack to see if I could beat the odds and pull one. Well, I did beat the odds but it wasn't Jordan. However, it was still pretty stinkin cool!

In each pack of 1998-1999 Topps Basketball Series 1 is 11 cards. The 11 cards are a mix of rookies and veterans and packs now-a-days can be found pretty cheap. Key rookies in the product is Paul Pierce, Dirk and Vince Carter.

The base card design was pretty border heavy so I wasn't a complete fan. The border color wasn't the greatest either but I would say it does look better than the usual white. However, I did enjoy the photography on these.


These look like candidates for Caption This!

AND THE BIG BOOM! A Roundball "Finest" REFRACTOR!! These fell 1:144!! Was an excellent pull! The only thing that would have topped it would have been an MJ version.
Overall, this pack was the bomb! How can you beat such a great pull. I was more than beyond happy.

This insert pull alone shows you why I loved collecting in the 90's so much. They don't make pulls in this era of collecting that makes you feel like this one did to me. I will forever remember opening this pack.

While I am at it, for those of you who busted and collected packs in the 90's, what was your greatest pull?

1 comment:

  1. Nice hit! That's a set I need to look into getting a page of.

    ReplyDelete