Thursday, January 22, 2015

Breakin Wax: 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear Football Five Rack Packs

With a decent rookie class in 2011 and with some of the players starting to pull off big seasons, not to mention a great price, I said why not give these a try.

In every rack pack of 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear is 40 cards. In the 40 cards, you will roughly find 4 rookie cards. Two in the top pack, two in the bottom pack. You may also find inserts and parallels too.

The base cards looked like this. It's not a bad design, but I wished the border could have been trimmed down a little more on the bottom. It takes away from the photo.

Back of card. I actually like the back design.

Rookies I pulled including 20-sack season leader Justin Houston who almost broke the record this year. A couple of Giants PC adds as well in Marvin Austin and Da'Rell Scott.

A couple inserts

And some numbered parallels. Silver ones here and great players too such as Patrick Peterson (rookie) and Nick Fairley (rookie).

Gold parallels
Overall, nothing too special. I did get some great rookies and parallels which will fit in my PC along with a ton of base I might try to put a set together with. Still was worth the buy hit or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment