Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Odd Ball Collection: Sports Books

I would say that with my all around sport collecting I do, sometimes even non-sport items as well, I feel I would fit the Nerd status. Here is a small gallery of sports books I own. Some I have read, some I haven't yet. But I feel some of these are collectibles. Remember this is only some :)









Then my favorite Sports book I have read so far Honus & Me. I also watched the TV movie which was excellent as well!
If only any of us could come across this card to own it or go on the adventures that took place. I highly recommend reading it or at least watching the movie!!


2 comments:

  1. Maybe not these gems. But I had the Story of the Super Bowl I-XXIII. Read that book til it fell apart. Still have it somewhere.

    @rjdub81

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books. I have a Baseballs Golden Age but not the Conlon one. Great book though. I have Branch Rickeys ittle Blue Book. Also a copy of Pitchin Man Satchel Paige in his own words. That one is in a sleeve and frame but I did read it first. A baseball book on vintage photography. PSA Cracker Jack book that they included in this years package for joining. Dollar sign on the muscle (the updated version. And many more. All in great shape. Keep them in ziploc freezers bags when not reading. Bought some oversize acid free bags. The size you buy for time life magazines. Any size book should fit in those. Will be swapping the ziplocs for those when I have time.
    Chad D

    ReplyDelete