Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rueben Wilson, David Randle? Something's Not Right Here

It's taken me awhile to write this, but awhile ago, a reader pointed out that one of my Rueben Randle mail days wasn't an actual Rueben Randle mail day. It was a David Wilson mail day. Now you must be curious.

A few months ago I got this card amongst a card lot....

 
At the time I received it, I didn't think anything about it the autograph on the card even though I have seen Rueben Randle's autograph hundreds of times. I probably wouldn't have even given it a second glance until one of my readers said.........ummm, I don't think that's Randle's autograph. And they are correct. The autograph on this card comes from former teammate David Wilson as you will see.

Here is David Wilson's auto. A spot on match and a decent signature.
 

Here is what a Rueben Randle auto should look like. You know, a scribble. Lol.

And what the card above should look like. I actually own this version. (sorry about the blurred photo, it was one of my stock ones)


I haven't even considered emailing Panini to get the top one fixed. I like the card the way is and I already own a corrected version. I find it adds a unique twist to my Randle PC and technically my David Wilson one as well. Most of us like it when people fix their mistakes, however, this is one mistake I don't mind staying the way it is.

What do you guys think? Would you have kept this card the way it is or would have you replaced it? Do you own any error cards like this? Would love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. I would think that having an error card like that would make the value increase quite a bit. I don't collect to sell typically but I do really enjoy unique and rare cards so to get a card like this would be a great score for my collection. Even if it was a couple of NYG's, lol. Maybe they were just pranking Panini to see if they would notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool! Must've taken a sharp eye to catch it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete