Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Breaking Wax: 2013 Fleer Retro Autograph Packs Break Of 13

As most of you know by now, I was a lucky recipient of a #UDRAK that had some amazing items in it including today's Breakin Wax product . If you don't know what that is, it's a program that Upper Deck is running to give back to fans who have supported them over the years or have given back to the hobby.

Now that I have given the back-story on how I got these, you also could get one if you had ordered a box of 2013 Fleer Retro from one of the bigger companies such as dacardworld.
Each pack of 2013 Fleer Retro Autograph pack has three cards. All three cards are autographed and are either a Fleer Retro Rookie Sensations or Fleer Ultra design.

Overall, I pulled a whopping 39 autographs. Many were unknown so I wasn't going to post em. I just wanted to get right down to the good stuff and here we go!

Two Justin Pugh autos for my Giants PC!


Not bad here either. Bengals heavy.

I posted these not because of the player, but how he signed the cards. Two different....

There were also tougher autographs to land in these packs, believe me, as most packs had repeat players. The next two cards are tougher autograph pulls of players I believe still have potential in the NFL but have to be put in the right situation.

First up is Mike Glennon. I think this guy has more potential but for some reason the Buc's decided to bench him. He played really well subbing for the starters the last two seasons when they went down and he has led the Buc's to victory a few times too. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

And finally, Geno Smith. This guy I had big expectations for out of the 2013 class. I picked him as the top QB of the class. Guess I was WAY wrong though he has had his good games. New York is probably not the best set up for him either. Who knows what happens next year to Geno with a new coach coming in.
Overall, it wasn't a bad break. All of the cards above are going to my PC and I have set some aside to giveaway too. Hopefully the players all will have a bright future ahead.

6 comments:

  1. 39 autos, very nice. Even if some are lesser known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you on glennon and smith. It is amusing watching the rookie autos change as the season progresses (let alone the sheet or sheets he signed). I wonder if it is out of sheer boredom lol.

      Delete
  2. As a Rice Owl who knew Vance McDonald at school, I LOVE seeing his card pop up! Rice has 3 TEs in the pros right now: Vance, Luke Willson and James Casey...not bad for a tiny school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see that he signed two different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did a really good job making these look like cards from the 90s.

    ReplyDelete