The interesting, but cool set up for the base set features game-action photos broken down into Offense, Defense/Special Teams (1:2), All-Stars (1:4), and Star Rookies (1:4). There are 200 cards to collect in the base set!
The base set design reminds me of the designs that UD used for their First Edition set in the late 90's, a border with full bleed action-packed photos. The photography is spot on as usual and the slight border they use doesn't distract from it.
The checklist is loaded with players from all teams and is full of stars as well. It's fun seeing some of those names from the NFL that transpired to the CFL. I was wondering what had happened to Austin Collie...
STAR ROOKIES!! These are the Young Guns of hockey! They fall 1:4 packs which makes collecting the base set challenging, but fun. This is why I love UD football.
All-Star set subset. These also fall 1:4 which makes the base set even more challenging. It may take you a few boxes to fill or for you to pick up singles. But it helps keep the base set valuable and makes the chase more fun.
And those patch cards I spoke of, yeah, I pulled one in my last pack. Boy are they sharp too!
It wouldn't be a product in today's world if some form of autographs weren't included. In my box, which I consider a "hot box", I pulled an autograph as well. These are not easy finds.
Base Set Defense/Special Teams Autograph Parallel – inserted 1:256. Boom! Here ya go! Nice signature as well.
- Rare autographs in the CFL Marks insert! Falling at 1:384
- Rare CFL Heroes chase cards featuring the legendary Michael “Pinball” Clemons! Falling 1:768! Signed variations limited to just 25 serial #’d copies!
- O-Pee-Chee Team Logo Patches return with an all-new installment of 20 stunning patches! Falling 1:128 packs!
- Rare 2014 Grey Cup Highlights Inserts! - 1:384 packs!
I must note though, if you look at this like the NHL Series 1 and 2 products with the tougher to pull rookie cards and the rare hit finds like the autographs. The price point is the same as well and look at how popular that product is.
Now onto the giveaway portion of this post. First, I would ask for you to thank UPPER DECK for allowing me to do this review and giveaway. #CollectTheBest.
Second, follow these instructions.
- AS ALWAYS, MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT OR HAVE A U.S. ADDRESS TO ENTER. Sorry, no way around this. I can't afford shipping outside the U.S. I think it would also be fun to share the CFL experience with U.S. fans that may not have experienced this before.
- In comments, tell me if you have or will in the future break a UD CFL product. Comments on the product as well.
- There will be THREE RANDOM WINNERS!!!
- You will have until January 6th 2016 to get entered. Winners will be announced in a separate post on January 7th 2016..
- A random will be done 7 times for the three winners. The top three in the random will win.
- These cards WILL be shipped PWE. Sport Card Collectors, Upper Deck, and the owner of this blog WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards that are mailed. It's up to the USPS to make sure these arrive safely.
- Failure to follow any of the rules will eliminate you from winning.
1st place, top of random
2nd place, 2nd on random
3rd place, 3rd on Random
A mix of Star Rookies and All-Star and O-Pee-Chee
GOOD LUCK to those that enter! Some great cards up for grabs!