Monday, July 1, 2019

Double The Cardboard, Double Up The Posts, Double The Fun

Today you get to be blessed with two, yes, two posts from me. I am soooooooooooooooooooo far behind on posts that I needed to double up on one of them. As of now, I have posts going to the beginning August and possibly beyond if I throw all of the Rodney Hampton ones in there and the huge mail days I have coming up soon.

So I thought I would double up today's posts with a mail day that's as fresh as this post. I literally opened up these two surprises five minutes ago.

The first one came from @ValleyOfCards who sent me some set help for my 2015 Americana chase. You will hear more about them in a couple of days when I post a bigger mail day they sent me.

 Biz Markie Silver Albums

 Jaleel White On The Tube. He was on mine every TGIF

And a Coolio blue parallel. I am so close to this set, I can smell it. Any help on finishing this would be appreciated!!

A big thanks goes out to @ValleyOfCards for sending these along. I will make sure to get you a return PWE out by the end of the week. I suggest giving them a follow, great people to talk with and check out their website as well that has tons of great items and is easy to navigate,
https://www.valleyofcards.com/

My second mail day was completely unexpected. Trevor from Bump and Run Football Card Blog sent me a great mail day.

Some Gmen to get us started. I don't have any of the Legacy inserts that are not Rodney Hampton so Odell was a nice add. Jonathan Hankins Bowman Rookie and parallel I didn't have either. Really wished the Giants had picked him back up and a sweet Ottis Anderson Super Bowl ticket I didn't either. There was another one, but that's coming up.

Shockey! I have never seen these before. Glad to have added this one as he will always remain my favorite Giants TE ever. Unless Engram shows me differently.

 Eli's huddling up with his poor offensive line, this group of players will look much different in 2019.

 Shiny Toomer. Shiny, new Gmen make me happy.

 I think this is the fifth one of these I have and I will never, ever get sick of adding more.

Speaking of a Super Bowl card, completely new add here. Super Bowl 42 will forever be my favorite Super Bowl and the most memorable. I can almost do a play by play I have seen it so much.

This one caught me by surprise. See what I did there. I missed it was an autograph the first time through til I started taking photos. I just liked the card for the photography but added auto is a bonus! Field Access was another one of those underrated products.

Then Trevor sent some 90's inserts because of my fondness of them as you all know. I mean I did change the blog name and created lots of new segments on here due to them.


 Parallels from 1995 Collectors Choice. I was a fan of Hearst

Warren Moon loved slinging it around. This is a silver parallel from 1995 Pro Line. I am thinking that once I get the base set filled, maybe I should attempt these parallels as well

Complain all you want about finding cards in a can, but I enjoyed it. You will find out how much in an Origins post. I pulled a ton of Druckenmillers back in the day.

 Old SI For Kids cards I always welcome

 I have an appreciation for Jake Plummer. Especially in a Cardinals uniform

The Absolute SSD set from 1998 was one of the coolest base sets around at the time. I have thought about building it many times but it may be a hard one to do so. But, you never know with me. This one would be a great start

 Craig Yeast, man didn't I ever pull ton of him.

Same with Andre Wadsworth. It would be awesome to have had Upper Deck still in the football game. I would have loved to had a Black Diamond card of Saquon Barkley!

 Charlie Batch Pacific insert. They sure loved adding the rainbow foil.

 Score insert I haven't seen before and I bought Score more than any other product.

And finally, not a 90's insert but looking at it you would think so. These Head Of Class were released in 2000 Fleer Ultra. To me the start of the 2000's were just as great of an insert time as the late 90's. It started to turn around 2004ish to what we have today. A sad time for inserts. 

The Troy Walters I didn't have and may now chase the set being my third of the insert. I have one of good ones in Shaun Alexander already so it's a good start.

What can I say? I love surprise mail days. Especially when they are like this covering both my Giants and love of the 90's. Thanks Trevor for the awesome surprise. I hope to hit you back with something soon for this as I really appreciated it. Thank you!

I hope everyone has a great day like I am having between the double mail day and full sunshine and BBQ. Can't ask for a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment