Thursday, August 6, 2020

A Gem Mint Of A Trade Mail Day

I recently discovered a pile of valuable soccer cards in my collection I didn't even know I had until I saw that the sport has been trending hot in the hobby. So I checked in with a few guys, mainly @CardpocalypseNC about who I should be looking for and he told me.

So I sent him some pics on what I had of those players and he claimed a few to trade for but it still left me with some really big ones to trade off. Only one way to get rid of those, off to Twitter!

It took me a few days to receive any interest, one guy was interested but didn't have anything I really wanted, but the second guy, being a fellow blogger had a few things I wanted so I jumped on in a deal.

So for the second time, The Bucs Stop Here and I made a trade, a much bigger trade this time around.

It was also a very fast one.
My new PC Patrick Mahomes took off with a few newbies. I think I would had traded for these regardless of player. These pinks rock.

Another Mahomes pink here. This time the base card version.

Then came a base and insert of Mahomes from 2019 Prestige.

I moved on to Florial of the Yankees for my rookie PC. I might have possibly been able to land an autograph of his in a deal with the first guy, but weighing my options I don't like to take a shot at "possibilities" of players. I prefer set in stone players.

Patrick Ewing, Knicks or not, I really liked Panini's Crusades. Send em my way!

My House...in the middle of the street. Our house, my house, or RJ Barretts house. It's all good. This is a new card for my Barrett PC.

And the big centerpiece of the mail day, a PSA 10 Gleyber Torres Update Rookie. I have been a fan and collector of Gleyber since he came to the Yankees. Just hoping he continues to play like he has and maybe hits those Trout type popularity with a card like this. It's all about Topps Update in baseball as the key rookies. I now have three Gleybers but this one by far is the best.

I was a little hesitant at first to trade for the Update Gleyber because I already had two other Update Gleybers and had hoped for a Hall Of Fame autograph or two or a nice non sport auto for my PC I needed with the soccer cards, but I went with the deal anyways just because I like Gleyber.

Thanks to The Bucs Stop Here for another great trade. I hope we can do this again down the road as I am sure I have other Pirates kicking around that need to make a stop...at your house...not here.

If you haven't made a trade with him, go do so. Fair as they come to trading and ships fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment