Saturday, August 22, 2020

The Fun Norm

We here all the time the phrase, The New Norm, and that always sounds so negative because it actually is. The New Norm of having to wear masks, bleach yourself when you get home, and avoiding people including your family members at all costs. What part of that sounds like fun?

 I would rather have the The Fun Norm. The fun Norm is a guy on Twitter @NormC61 who has sent me a few packages this year "just because". Every time he sends one it's a new surprise of not knowing what's coming.

Like this one I received last Saturday. I couldn't wait to see what he sent this time.

Inside was a small stack of Knicks and NY Giants cards. I have chosen a few to show off today that caught my eye.

Good ole John Starks right here!

Anthony Mason throwing the fire ball.


Pippen getting shoved out of the way by a drive by Hubert Davis

Great one here with Oakley slamming it home over MJ while Pippen watches. Bulls and Knicks in the 90's were hated rivals.


Rueben!

Charles Oakley doing his best boxing out

Ewwwwwwing with the slam!

And my favorite base was this MJ flying high but Patrick with the ball. Great photography here.


And finally, a good handful of NYG archives cards including guys like Conerly and Gifford.

A big thanks to Norm for another great mail day. I appreciate it like all of the other mail days you send my way.

Side note, today was the first time I did a post using the new blogger. I am not a fan at all. I am not sure I will stick with blogger much longer if this is what I have to deal with. It took forever to upload posts, the labels took years to select, and the picture re-sizing is not as simple as it used to be. I will be going back to legacy again for future posts until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment