Sunday, August 16, 2020

Johnny Sends A Surprise!

Ever since my finances changed in the hobby for the worst, my mail days have become few and far in-between. Anything that shows up is a surprise.

So last Monday, I had three unexpected mail days arrive. Three.

One was from The Pancake King, another was from Cards On Cards I had forgotten about and then one from Johnny's Trading Spot.

Once I opened up Johnny's, I remembered him having the conversation with me about some of the cards included. Light bulb was on!

However, these first three were a really nice surprise especially knowing my NY Giants vintage game is very weak.


Roosevelt Brown


Don Heinrich



And Clarence Childs.

I am also very bad at names for older players but I did know Brown. Either way, I totally fell in love with these. The old school photos and that feel when you hold a vintage card (which to me is like holding a piece of cardboard history) got me all giddy like a school girl.

Then came the next part of the mail day. Johnny didn't think he had any of the Ex cards I needed for my set, but he did have other years of Ex he was going to send me to influence me to build those sets. And influence he did.



Without a doubt I want to build this one, if you have em, send em along!


Another solid design


And I had forgotten about these. I am pretty sure I have some of these kicking around. Just gotta find them and see where I am at.

Thanks to Johnny for the amazing surprise mail day. I hope to hit you back down the road once I find my desk. You have been added to my hit list.

Which while I am at it, the following bloggers I NEED to send to and hit back for their generosity:
Cards On Cards
Bump and Run
Johnny's Trading Spot

I also have some cards ready to go out soon to,
Breakdown Cards
Too Many Verlanders
 
And in case you are wondering, I will be posting the other two mail days this week as I continue to slowly keep this blog going. There are around technically 23 or so posts left to Sport Card Collectors Final season!

No comments:

Post a Comment