Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Prestige Football Hobby Box 2012

The product I most sought after when the Football card season started was Prestige 2012 and it did not disappoint me. Despite me not hitting an RG3 or an Andrew Luck base rookie card and my hits not really being top...I still LOVE this product.

First off, I would like to say thanks to the WONDERFUL people at Panini America for providing us with this box to review. Here are many places you can find Panini America: official site, blog, Twitter, and Facebook.

And as always...we will do some giveaways from this product!

Here is my review:


Box: I love the design. Peyton's replacement is a attention grabber. The box lets you know the hit amounts per box and it has a clean design.

Wrapper:  Just like the box..I would definitely pick up pack or two.


Base: Panini cleaned up the base card design this year and something spectacular came out. Best base design I have seen in this product! The rookie cards match the base. But with this years Prestige...the rookies are in their NFL uni's!






Inserts: As you can tell, Prestige has many different inserts you can land. The extra points are different this year but I like the change. A border on the bottom just above the players name that says Extra Points. We landed 2 of the Blue color numbered to 999 and many of the gold. The other inserts look great as well! Especially the Draft City Destinations. Something about it is very eye catching.


Rookie Variations: You get one of these per box! And this years is less confusing to figure out which is a variation and which isn't. I like how Panini did a draft pic with their teams jersey as the variation.



Memorabilia: You get 2 of these per box. The design is very nice. Really love the Ryan Matthews Prime hit!

Autographs: Two autos per box. The Draft City Destinations are signed on-card!

Overall: For around $100, You get a good mix of rookies (1 per pack), 2 autos and 2 jerseys, a decent amount of inserts and overall you get a good bang for your buck. Some great finds can be had in Prestige!

Ratings:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 5
                Base Design: 5
                Insert Design: 4
                Memorablila/Autographs: 4
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 5

5 comments:

  1. love the rookies holding up the jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite boxes this year, mainly cause the rookie cards in here are so great because there is such of an abundance, which I was able to grab to increase my pc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably my favorite product that I have purchased quality wise for the price.

    ReplyDelete