Monday, April 23, 2018

Bill Called Me This On My Birthday

I recently pulled off another trade with my father back in March, I will show off the other part of the trade another day, for today I wanted to show off the gift he sent along for my present.

For awhile now I have wanted one of those infamous Bill Ripken cards with some special words on it to go along with the black box version I have owned forever. Now, for those of you who know me, know I don't ever swear. Yes, I am as clean as a whistle as I have never smoked, drank, or anything. But, something about that error card is kind of famous in the hobby so I always wanted a copy just to say I have one despite it's phrase I wouldn't say haha

Come to find out my father had acquired three of them from a friend of his and kept one for himself, passed one along to another friend and sent one to me in our trade package. I was pretty happy.

Here are the two copies of this card I own now side by side,

Black Box

And bad word version
 
Now that I have two of them including the tougher version, I kinda want the "full rainbow" of versions. Maybe I will make that chase at some point not that I don't already have enough to chase. 

Thanks to my pops, who doesn't read my blog...yet, for the birthday gift even though it wasn't very nice of Bill to call me that on my special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment