Tuesday, October 2, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Heritage High Number

Back to 1969 with the second series of Topps Heritage.

Round one wasn't a great break for me, so let's see if round two goes better.
In every box of 2018 Topps Heritage High Number baseball, there are 24 packs per box with 9 cards per pack. There is one hit per box either a relic or autograph and boxes currently run $90.

Each box also comes with a box topper.You can either find foil stamped originals from the 1969 set or find a ad panel like I did.


Back of the ad panel

The base set is a throwback design to the 1969 one. There are 225 cards in the base set with the final 25 cards being Sp's that fall 1:3 packs.

Once again, there are many variations to find in High Series. The base card set CMP ends in 75

Here are the short prints I found in my box

Their CMP code ends in 85.

Also apart of the base set are rookie cards of a couple of studs. Soto and Ohtani can be found.

Action Variations I found two of in my box.

The CMP code for them ends in 99.

The overall CMP codes and other variations looks like this
  • Base 575
  • Base SP 585
  • Trade 477
  • Error  597
  • Throwback 598
  • Action Image 599
  • Team Color Swap 600
  • Nickname 601
There are parallels to find as well in Heritage usually in the form of Chrome. Chrome parallels fall 1:42 packs while the refractor version like the one I pulled falls 1:73 packs.

Time for some throwback lookin' inserts.

Award Winners capturing last years winners. These fall 1:8 packs and has 10 cards in the set to collect.

Combo Cards has ten cards in the set and falls 1:20 packs

 Now and Then has 15 cards in the set and falls 1:8 packs

Miracle Of '69 falls 1:24 packs and has only 5 cards in the set

Reggie Jackson Highlights fall 1:24 packs as well. There are 5 cards to chase. I do find it odd that a 1969 set features cards from 1970's. Hmmmmm.

My favorite inserts of the product are the last two. Rookie Performers is groovy baby! They fall 1:8 packs and 15 cards per set.

Deckle Edge falls 1:10 packs, I found Ohtani in my break, and has 30 cards to chase. Need to find myself the Gleyber Torres version.

Now onto my hit of the box and it's not a stunner by any means to me. I always pull relic cards out of this product and I assume 9 out of 10 times you will to. I would consider this a terrible find for a $90 box but a Royals fan may think differently.

Other hits to find in this product that I didn't include,
  • Real One Autographs
  • Real One Dual Autographs
  • Amazin' Mets Autographs
  • Reggie Jackson Highlights Autographs
  • Clubhouse Collection Autograph Relics
  • Clubhouse Collection Dual Autograph Relics
  • 1969 Cut Signatures
  • Clubhouse Collection Dual Relics
  • Clubhouse Collection Triple Relics
  • Clubhouse Collection Quad Relics
OVERALL: I am at a loss of words here. I love Heritage, don't get me wrong, but price vs a terrible relic pull is not fun. I would have been breaking a  few things around the house finding this kind of pull in a box like this. For me usually, I go all retail for this product. I see relics and autographs being pulled that way and have experienced it myself as well.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to a future promo.  Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment