Monday, October 29, 2018

Traded And To Be Traded

In the last few months, I have been keeping my eyes out for trades or opportunities where I may be able to start one. As long as I know I can trust the other party, I will usually jump right in and ask if a certain card or cards are available for trade.

Recently, @Odiegoat was holding one of his weekly sales and there was a few cards I had my eye on. Fortunately for me, I asked if they were for trade instead of just for sale and he said yes. So this was just the start as I now put the pressure on myself to find something he would want in return. That's the biggest issue when initiating a trade like this especially starting it up with a new trading partner,finding a return.

Luckily that wasn't an issue here. We both finished up this trade fast and mailed them out. Here are the three cards I scored in this trade.

Parallel from 2018 Certified of Odell Becham Jr.

A swatch of pylon, this is the card that initiated the trade, from Panini's Father's Day. I love unique swatches and really liked the overall appeal of this card.

And the last card was this Leaf Trinity 2017 rookie autograph of Steelers RB James Connor. This card is inscribed and is numbered 24/25.

You are probably wondering why I would want a Steelers RB card. Well, he is a hot player this season and I have mentioned before how I do chase some of the upcoming stars rookie autographs. I had a sweet Conner autograph last year that I kick myself for trading away. Luckily now I have this one to replace it.

A big thanks to @odiegoat for the great cards and easy trade!

Another player I have been pushing really hard to get a rookie autograph of is Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes. So far I have had no success despite my fairly decent trade fodder of these guys,

Max Holloway autograph

1/1 Norman Powell auto from Select.

Giannis Antetokounmpo auto. I really don't mind holding onto this one out of all of the cards I have up for offer.

Alex Ovechhin auto that is numbered to 99

Thierry Henry autograph. This is not an easy one to find and it's low numbered.

Jimmie Johnson Gold Prizm parallel /10

Kyle Kuzma parallel I still can't figure out which one it is
I guess not only would I accept Pat Mahomes rookie autograph in a deal for some of these, but other autographs I would accept as well would be,
  • Tony Gwynn Auto card
  • Steve Young Auto card
  • Jerry Rice Auto Card
  • Frank Thomas Auto Card
  • Brett Favre Auto Card
  • John Elway Auto Card
  • Tom Brady Auto Card 
  • Randy Moss Auto Card
  • Kobe Bryant Auto Card
  • Tim Duncan Auto Card
  • Karl Malone Auto Card
  • Wayne Gretzky Auto Card
  • Mario Lemiex Auto Card
These must be official autograph cards from a company and not IP, TTM kinda deal. And they must be cards only.

I also have a TON of basketball, hockey, NASCAR, Soccer (not sure anyone collects it), and UFC cards to trade.

So my question of the day is, how do you guys initiate a trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment