Friday, October 26, 2018

$10-$5=Rodney Hampton?

A couple of weeks ago, the hot trend was eBay offering up a free $5 for everyone to shop with. As a low end budget collector, I had to jump on that deal.

So I scoured eBay simply looking for a Rodney Hampton card or cards priced around that. Well, I found them and went to check out to get my freebies. Except that's not the way it worked. For some reason or another, even though I spent slightly over $5, it forced me to spend $10 to use the $5 off. I seemed to have been the only person who had to do so. So I did just that and grabbed some hard to find snazzy Rodney Hamptons.

First one is this card from 1995 Images football called Focused. There are two versions of the card and both look as great as the other. The first one is this gold version I already had but it came as a two-pack so grabbed it anyway.

These cards are printed on 24 pt acetate and have some holographic foil on them.


Because it also came with this blue version that I never thought I would land.

These fall one-per-box. The Gold version is found in Images Limited and the blue version is in Images Live.

Here they are side by side.

My next snag was this 1997 Playoff First and Ten Kickoff parallel. I thought it looked really lame until I got the card in person. Very cool acetate card with a gold foil stamp in the corner. These fall 1:9 packs back in the day.


Then I added this Pro Magnets I needed from 1996. It's got some embossing and foil on it.

Three solid new additions for $5. Well, $10-$5.

My final card today I will show off just because I have been dying to. I posted awhile back that Panini had Rodney Hampton signing new autographs for their products, well, that product finally released in Panini Illusions in their Elusive Ink set. There are 5 versions of the card to find including a 1/1 I may never find. This one is numbered to 50. What a sharp card!
A great round of Rodney's to show off today. I know it's  not Big Blue Sunday where I was going to show these off, but I ran out of posts this week so you will find a few unusual ones this week.

If you want to help out my Rodney Hampton PC and wanna trade, follow this link for my needs!
http://sportcardcollectors.blogspot.com/p/rodney-hampton-wantlist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment