Sunday, October 28, 2018

Big Blue Sunday's:Highs And Lows

This season is simply a wash. The Giants came into this season giving me high expectations but have only given low results. They come into today's game at Metlife Stadium at 1-6 taking on the first place Washington Redskins. Who woulda thunk-it?

The Giants have already begun making a few moves to start the complete rebuild and I expect many more to happen as this team is a few years away from winning. It's a lot further away than I even thought.

My recent mail day from the generous @imqualifying, helped bring some brightness to these true blue days as a fan.

This package she sent along just because. It did include other cards and Giants but I wanted to take focus on these ones today. Not that I didn't appreciate them all.

Included in her package was a great photograph from 1991 Fleer Ultra of Maurice Carthon plowing over a defender. This is what Giants football used to be like.

Sterling Shepard has shown some really bright spots this year but had other games where you are shaking your head. I think more consistency from this guy would help.

Evan Engram has spent most of the year hurt and disappointing fantasy owners and fans along the way. I wished now the Giants hadn't drafted him and instead moved up a few spots to grab Mahomes. Can you imagine Mahomes, Barkley, Odell, Shepard on an offense together? Wow!

Eli, Eli, Eli. You have taken the brunt of most of this and all you have done is try your best. But, for the first time as a huge fan of yours, there are times this is your fault. 75% of it is the olines fault for not giving you enough time. But, you have also missed Odell wide open many, many times this year and overthrown or under-thrown other guys. I appreciate everything you have done in blue, but I almost think it's time my friend.

Odell, love your passion. But, you gotta calm down some. I know this season is frustrating as a fan, I can only imagine what it's like for a player. Especially one that wants to win. Keep up the big season you are heading towards and keep living up to one of the best WR's in the NFL.

Jonathan Stewart, well, I only feature you because this is my first Giants card of you. I didn't know you were included into a product yet. I am glad of your leadership however in guiding Saquon along the way.
A thanks goes out to Bethany for this nice mail day. Much appreciated!

I am not sure what to expect today of the Giants. Will they come out playing or will they start slow and lose another at home before they bye week? Or can they do something miracoluos and win 9 games in a row? Doubtful, but as a fan I can stay with that positive thought.

Either way, let's do our best today boys and work hard. I am always going to back you win or lose til the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment