Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday's With Rodney:1996 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor

90's rainbows were so much easier to complete than those of today. With 12-15 refractor parallels to chase down it's quite the costly endeavor. But, in the 90's, it usually offered the 3 card variation. The base, the refractor and then the atomic refractor. Not always the easiest to find or pull, but at least manageable. Especially if you buy them today.

I landed this bad boy for only $5. I haven't seen many copies of this card on the market so I had to snag it with my eBay gift card before it completely left my grasp.

This is a 1996 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor. I am not sure of the odds on these, but base card atomics fell at an alarming 1:2 hobby boxes so I can only imagine how tough this was. The base insert alone of this fell at 1:48 packs which I am still missing the base insert to complete my rainbow. I will show off the refractor version next week.

The front side of the card features Rodney Hampton and the troubled Lawrence Phillips

 
The backside with two Hall Of Famers in Marcus Allen and Marshall Faulk.
 
A solid card all around and one that was luckily cheaply acquired.

Thoughts on today's card are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment