Saturday, April 29, 2017

Welcome To The Meadowlands

Once upon a time, many light years ago,my father and I rode with a buddy of his and took a long ride and got to see my very first NY Giants game way back on December 12th 1993 when they took on the Colts. The Giants dominated the Jeff George led Colts that day 20-6 mostly because of the running of my guy Rodney Hampton who rushed for over 170 yards that day. The sad part was I wasn't able to get any pictures from the game to help reminisce about it and the only thing I remembered was how bitter cold it was. I did however VHS record the game and still have a copy of it even though you can't watch it as well due to aging of the tape.

At least I was able to watch Phil Simms be QB for the Giants.

The following year, we took another trip with another one of my dad's buddies almost a year later on December 11th 1994 to watch the Giants take on the Bengals. This time I made sure my father had a camera.

This game I actually remember a bit more and not just because of the pictures. Just memory this time. The winds they always talk about in Giants Stadium, those are real and they were whipping around that day. The game itself was a back and forth affair. The Giants were trying to be a .500 team while the Bengals were trying to pull for an upset. The G-Men led the game for most of it before Cincy tied it at 20 in the 4th quarter with a Jeff Blake led drive.

Once again, my man Rodney Hampton was the hero rushing for a little over 70 yards in the game with already a first quarter TD and then closed the game out with a late scoring game winning TD for the Giants, 27-20 victory.
 
Here are a few of the best pics I got from the game.




 
Sadly, this was the last time I have seen the Giants in person and the last time I will ever see the Meadowlands as the Giants have the new stadium now, Metlife. My goal someday is to make it to another game, hopefully before Eli Manning retires. Tickets have gone up a lot since those days and life is a bit busier now, but I am hopeful still I will get to see them at least one more time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment