Thursday, February 28, 2019

Click Select To Trade

Every day I am on eBay searching desperately for the 2018 Panini Illusions Elusvie Ink Autograph Purple 1/1 parallel for Rodney Hampton.

No such luck.

However one of those days I discovered something marvelous. I discovered that Rodney had even more cards out on the market thanks to Panini's release 2018 Panini Select football.

Once again Rodney is only found in autograph form but this time with 11 cards to chase.

11

Ugh! So I am looking for trading friends to keep an eye out on any auctions for these cards and grabbing them for me and I will trade with you for it.

Here are my overall needs. I do have the Signatures Maroon Prizm /75 and base Prizm /199, Die Cut Tie-Dye /25 thanks to my buddy Bryan and the Gold Die Cut /10 thanks to Tim and the base Tie-Dye /25 thanks to Midwest Box Breaks but the rest are needed.

Just don't be like the guy who had the 1/1 Die Cut black autograph. Yes, someone already pulled one of the 1/1's! He contacted me about it on Twitter from a guy I don't even follow that told him I would be interested. Upon being contacted, I told him I can't buy and can only trade and he said we could do that and it sounded like a positive thing.

I stayed up late that night trying to pull off the trade and by midnight he felt we were roughly $20-$25 off on. Great. I would wake up in the morning and finish it up.

No. That's not how it went.

He stuck that card on eBay overnight for $199 OBO. He fetched in a few offers and best one was $83 so we still had a good trade to go. Then he got another for $95 and felt like he could get even more so the trade soon became a "need PayPal and a card deal." I had already stated I didn't have any funds and the only way I add to my collection is through trading. So long story much shorter, I ended up backing out as I didn't have the funds and he ended up selling it on eBay. I was this close. This close to sealing the deal on the biggest card from the set.

Had that been any other collector who knew me, we would have gotten that deal done. Especially with how much I offered for it. Way better players for Rodney Hampton that's for sure. So it's disappointing but I understand he wanted the money but should have started that from the beginning and never taken offers from me for a trade to waste my time and sleep over it.

Anyway, to put a positive spin on this, I am seeking trades only for these cards. If you pull or pick one up on eBay, I am sure I will find a way to make the trade work but I won't give up the farm for Rodney Hampton either. I guess I should say I will find a way to make a fair trade work and will even do it some in your favor just because you took the time to do it for me.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment