Monday, February 25, 2019

Run Run Rodney

I have been following some new accounts on Twitter recently that have paid off big time. Not only has it connected me with great new traders, but it has also brought in new friends as well. One of the ones I have spoken with the most is Bubba's Sport Cards.

He had tweeted he was on the lookout for the Rodney Hampton super collector, *cough *cough me, that many others tagged me immediately with. He had a huge stack of Rodney's he was looking to move and send them to a new home. Obviously I was interested hoping to find some new ones and started to talk a trade. When I sent a big long checklist for him to find me some new ones, he decided just to pass them along instead. Said it's better that they all found a new home with someone who would appreciate them more.

I was pretty surprised and thrown back by his generosity.

A few days went by and UPS, yes he sent them UPS, showed up with a box jammed pack full of Rodney. I didn't expect this many at all.
So I began to dig.

Found a 1995 Score that I needed to replace my damaged one.

a 1996 Zenith I wanted for a set I am trying to build



Loved these parallels!! May be another set chase later on.

Summit is a set I am building from 1995

Same goes for 1995 Fleer (no hate from me for this set)

Here as well with 1996 Action Packed

Yup, this one as well.

Even though I didn't land one new Rodney for my PC with all of those, I did pick it apart and find ones I can use to use in my sets instead of the ones in my binder and I found some that will replace some iffy corner ones with. There was also a ton of rookies that I am keeping all of as I am aiming to get as many as i can of each of those rookies. Goal is actually 100 of each.

The rest of the cards I will be paying them forward with.

Thanks to Bubba's Sport Cards for their generosity. I thank you many times! I am glad to also have finished up a trade with you as well and can't wait to show that off. Go give Bubba's a Twitter follow if you haven't yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment