Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Card I Love This Valentine's Day Volume 2


This Valentines Day show someone how much you care by sending them a box of.....cards from Wes.

Yes, Wes the most generous, nicest person I know absolutely bombed my mail box and made the poor mail lady carry three boxes in the negative temps, in the 50mph gusty winds, across my icy drive way and onto my slippery steps. She is a hero after that in my opinion.

I haven't ever seen a mail day or been dumped upon this much since the great Valentine's Day snow storm more than five years ago where we saw two feet of snow.

I mean look at this monstrosity! This is going to take me awhile to go through and post which is a good thing because I am running dry on ideas and mail days. One of the boxes even had his kitchen sink in. Am I joking? We will see.

For now I chose a specific card,well cards, from the box to show off as the card I love this Valentine's Day. This is my new yearly tradition on here hence the Volume 2.  I hope you guys will join in on the fun as well as a Blog Bat-Around kind of thing.

Last summer I found out that Rodney Hampton was signing some new cards for Panini. Upon a quick eBay search, I found he was in the 2018 Panini Illusions Elusive Ink autograph set.


I started it off when I was able to snag the base auto pretty cheaply. This one is numbered to 50 as all of the autographs in this set are. However, the cards that follow were much tougher to find but once again, Wes saved the day.


Blue parallel /25



Red parallel /10



Green parallel /5

Which makes me down to one more card, the purple 1/1 which won't be easy to find. I haven't even seen many purples in general listed on eBay from this set. It remains my most wanted card and the only Rodney Hampton autograph card I don't have. I have the rest of his now with a huge thanks to Wes on that with these colorful snags.


Here is the almost completed rainbow side by side.

Well there you have it. The card I love this Valentine's Day brought to you by Wes. Thanks again buddy for helping me with these. Your kindness and generosity only drives me to do more and has so far. You know, showing off the hobby love on this Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment