Friday, July 14, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Classics Football (NICE PULL)


Classics returns to football again. Last years release bored me honestly and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the 2017 version.

Will this year change my mind or will I feel the same...

You will have to read on to find out.

Each box of 2017 Classics football comes with 14 packs per box and 10 cards per pack. You will find two hits this year as opposed to one last year and boxes will run you just under $70. So not too shabby on the price.

The base set is 300 cards deep for those set collectors. It's split evenly between 100 vets, 100 legends and 100 rookies. The rookies are still in their college uni's since it's a pre-draft release. Mitchell was my best rookie of the box. Design is simple, but fits the product name.

 
There are some tough to find parallels in the product including Blank Back, No Name, and Full Name. They are easy to define this year because they are numbered. Glossy, Red Back /299, Blue Back /175, Blank Back /50, No Name /10, and Full Name /5.
 
These are red backs.



 
These are blank backs.



 
And this is the one per box sepia variation. I got Cam.

 
Gold unnumbered parallels.
 
There are plenty of inserts to find in this product as well and they all have gold parallels. The designs give a...guess what..a Classic feel.

These guys take it to The Next Level!

 
Players matched with their Idols.

 
Record Numbers from the 2016 season. Boy, I can't wait til 2017 season!!!!

 
These were two of my favorites with Classic Clashes between rivals and Career Colors that covers a players career between multiple teams.

 
Just a few Super Bowl Heroes.



 
And now we have made it to the hits.

My first pack I found this Classic Materials of Darrelle Revis. This is a prime parallel /50.

 
My second hit was this boom, a /10 Fran Tarketon Membership auto. He is one of the tougher ones to find in this autograph line.
 
 
Other hits not found in my box include,
Significant Signatures,Significant Signatures Gold,Legends Significant Signatures,Legends Significant Signatures Gold,Rookies Significant Signatures,Canton Collections Swatches ,Canton Collections Autographs,Classic Combos Memorabilia ,Classic Combos Signatures ,Flashback Fabrics,Sideline Generals Signatures, Stadium Stars Signatures and Buybacks.
 
OVERALL, I say this not just because I pulled a good autographed card but I really like this years Classics product. The themes and feel throughout the product were solid. Getting two hits instead of one was a nice decision as relying on one hit in a $70 box is tough. 
 
My only knack on the product was the gold parallels for the inserts. I felt those were unneeded. If you wanted a parallel on the inserts you should have gone with a numbered one. The fact that there were so many base card parallels is another reason they weren't needed especially being unnumbered. 

If you enjoy products with a throwback feel with throwback players I say give Classics a run. You may hit it big or you may not. Either way I think you will have fun with this years edition.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Panini America for providing this box for me to review and to be able to do a future GIVEAWAY with some of the cards. Follow Panini America on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment