Sunday, July 2, 2017

The 90's Strike Again!

Once again, I found some 90's goodies in my mail box via @imqualifying who has been very generous in making sure my mail box has a mail day.

Up first, a Crown Royale rookie card of Brian Griese. I always loved this brand in the 90's.

 
The second finding comes from one of my favorite football card designs of all-time, 1996 Zenith football. This is also a product I associate a lot to my memories to and hope to chase down more cards from some day including a base set and all of the insert sets.
 
For some reason despite my many purchases of the product, I never once landed an Artist Proof parallel. So here is my first and also a player who still gives me nightmares after watching him dismantle my Giants in the Super Bowl.

 
The base set for 1997 Donruss Preferred was built up of 3 levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold, here is a sweet rookie card of Card's QB Jake Plummer who went on to have a pretty solid career. I totally dig and will pick up any of these cards when I can.

 
I was fortunate enough to even find some autographs in my package. Remember a time when players actually signed only on-card???

Jason Peter was a DE for the Panthers for 4 seasons but had his career cut short due to a recurring neck injury.

 
Brian Kelly was a former cornerback who was a pretty decent one. He helped lead the Bucs to a Super Bowl win among a few other accolades.


Seeing those two autographs made me miss Press Pass. They put out some great college products along with some NASCAR and non sport lines.
 
And finally, to go with my Flair Showcase Legacy parallel, an autograph of Marcus Nash. The guy may not have had the best career, but his autograph looks great.
 
 
A huge round of thanks is due to @imqualifying for her generosity. I appreciated each and every package you sent. They are all in a good home. 
 
I strongly recommend you go give her a Twitter follow as she is always doing giveaways and is a great hobby follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment