Monday, February 4, 2013

Reuben Randle PC pickups

I don't usually put a focus on a certain player because usually what I have is called an open PC. Meaning I don't collect one thing or another. I just collect whatever falls into my hands. But after getting a small eBay gift card for Christmas I thought to myself...is it time to dig back into collecting a player like I used to in my earlier collecting years? If you don't know by now, I hugely collected Ken Griffey Jr and even made it into Super Collectors portion of Beckett Baseball a few years ago. But I gave up on Griffey after he got injured and I lost out on values and have just collected everything. My fear would be investing into a player and losing out in the long run. Thats why I like an open PC, you always have everything. So some will jump, some will fall but you will always win when it comes to values.

However, I did sit down thinking to myself, boy I really think it would be fun to maybe find a player to collect and maybe give my collection another project (not that it needs one). And since I collect mainly football and my love of Giants I put the best of two together. However my rules were, only a young rookie offensive player this year or last and they had to be reasonably priced because I didn't know how long I would do this for and didn't want to invest into a guy too much.

Than I thought of one. I at first wanted to do David Wilson who I think will be the Giants starting running back next season, but prices are way too high. Then I thought to myself...what about the other young talented Giants rookie...yes! Thats it. I will start to collect Reuben Randle!

Here is my $20...thats right...$20 pickup from eBay to start off my collection:




Hard to see but the Chrome is an auto. The Strata is numbered to 99




I would say for $20 I got a great deal. The card below this I got for $7 alone!

As I continue to pick up more Randles I will do more updates right here on the blog. That way you guys can keep track of me to make sure I am adding to it and this wasn't just it. Like I said, I don't know how long my Randle PC will run for, but for now I can say I am collecting him. However, I am keeping my main emphasis on my open PC. This will just be a side burner project for now. But you never know.

Thanks for viewing and your thoughts are always welcomed! And if you have a PC you would like to share with us, please email us to sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com and give us a small writeup and pictures with it. You yourself can also pose with it.

1 comment: