Monday, February 11, 2013

Review Topps Baseball 2013 (2 Rack Packs)

The first product that says 2013 on it from Topps. I do collect baseball on and off and this is a product that I get every year to get things going for baseball. We all dabble into other sports time to time. By they way, my first 2013 baseball card was a C.C. Sabathia Base card.

I have been disappointed in the past few years as Topps has killed it a little with the overload of inserts that look lame. But this year...they turned the corner on the product and I am very impressed.

2013 Topps Series 1 Baseball Hobby Pack
Rack Pack Break Down:
  • Packs will run you around $5
  • Comes with 3 blue border parallels per pack (Walmart version)



BASE CARDS: Topps has always stuck with basically the same design on the base cards. There is not too much different about them year in and year out. My one complaint about this every year is how much the border takes up the card. I wished they could minimize it some and give us the full baseball photography more. Since they like having a white border on their base product, maybe minimize the bottom a little and just put the name in silver right onto the card itself centered.








INSERTS: FINALLY!!! The Topps officials must have sat down and said..how do we impress Sport Card Collectors this year with our inserts??? Lets take time on them and improve them and that they did. After busting into the first pack and seeing the glimmer and shine and inserts that jumped out to me..I actually looked forward to busting the second one and possibly more now. Kudos to Topps for going back in time and taking some of their best classic inserts and bringing them back. I can actually feel the collectability in these and would put sets together. And finding 4 or 5 per pack doesn't bother me as much anymore. Hope they keep this trend up!

AUTOGRAPHS: N/A (it would be rare to find in a retail, but you never know)

JERSEY/PATCH CARDS: Was surprised to find this in my second of the two rack packs. Brought even more value. I also like the design.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: I hope all Topps products are like this, this year and I hope they bring to football Topps like they brought to this one. If they do it will be epic. I am finally very happy to buy baseball cards again and hope the effort they put into this product carries onto their other 2012 products.

RATINGS:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 5
                Base Design: 3
                Insert Design: 5
                Memorablila/Autographs: 4
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment