I for one, like to collect cards that aren't always mainstream sports. I just think it's fun to break outside of the norm and a lot of the time you will find hidden gems and value for those items.
One type of product that you can open and be able to find that is in the 2016 Topps U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team Hopefuls product.
In every box of 2016 Topps U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team Hopefuls is 24 packs of 8 cards per pack. You should find 3 hits per box including an auto, relic and commemorative relic within. Each box will run you about $60.
The base card design is what the product is all about, showcasing the brightest stars all across the Olympic and Paralympics for a variety of sports. There are some big names within as well as you can see:
There are 75 cards in a base set.
As the norm, base card parallels and what better way to do them then by doing Bronze, Silver and Gold. You kinda had to expect that right?
Bronze falls 1 per pack while the others fall....
Silver is 1:2 packs, Gold is 1:3 packs and Gold Rainbow the rarest one are 1/1's
Other inserts include....
OLYMPIC DISCIPLINES which represents a U.S. Olympic athlete and the discipline in which they’ll complete at the 2016 Olympic Games. Also tells how it is played. These fall 1:4 packs.
Closing Ceremonies chronicles past Olympic Games and shows an overview of which countries won the most medals, including overall, gold, silver and bronze. These are the toughest insert to pull falling at 1:24 packs.
The final insert which will be un-pictured as my phone had a glitch and didn't upload a picture, is Memorable Moments. Obviously showcasing the best moments in Olympic history. These fall 1:8 packs.
Now onto the hits~!
U.S. Olympic Team Relic Cards. These showcase 50 hopefuls representing their sport. I think getting a piece of memorabilia from the Olympics is pretty cool.
Mine is the base version.But, you can find parallels as well including Bronze, Silver, Gold and Gold Rainbow 1/1 cards.
Here is what the commemorative medals look like. Obviously there are three levels to collect with bronze being the most common. There is also Silver and Gold and parallels of Blue and Red.
Now onto the autograph or what I call, autographs as my box provided an extra hit.
Up first, I think this card is really cool and you will see why in a second. This is the base autograph here. But you can also find parallels including Bronze, Silver....(wait til the jump for the gold)
But before showing the gold parallel which I pulled in my box, this is why I think this Matt Stutzman card is super cool. Look at this sit down he did with Topps signing these....
Gold such as this one numbered to 15
and and Gold Rainbow 1/1 cards are available too.
Other memorabilia and autographed selections not found in my box are...
U.S. Olympic Champion Autograph Cards, U.S. Olympic Cut Signature Cards, and Autographed Relic Cards.Other hits include Commemorative Relic Cards like, United States Olympic Team Patch, United States of America Flag Patch, and United States Olympic Team Crest Patches. All or most of these have parallel versions.
Overall, if you are into outside-the-box sports or like the Olympics, I think this is a pretty solid Gold Medal product looking at the checklist, hits per box and price. There are many hidden gems within and the hits are well designed.
Now time for the giveaway!
It's as easy as can be to enter to win this card:
- Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to host this/these nice giveaways with. Follow them on all social media sites and visit their site, HERE, as well.
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen after 7 randoms
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me ONE PRO AND ONE CON OF THE PRODUCT.
- EARN AN EXTRA ENTRY FOR SHARING THIS CONTEST ON YOUR BLOG AND/OR ON TWITTER. Make sure to leave your link in comments too so I can count it. If not, I won't be able to give you the credit. Commenting with it is very important or you WILL LOSE OUT an extra entry!
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on August 7th 2016. Winner will be announced in a separate post on August 8th 2016
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to all that enter and thanks for reading!