Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Card I Love This Valentines Day

Love is in the air today.

And if you are dating or married, you hopefully remembered what today is. It's Valentines Day. The day your spouse or loved one is probably expecting something from you that shows them how much you love them. Whether that be a date to a fancy restaurant (my wife and I don't do that anymore as prices are jacked and the menus are cut short), chocolates, a huge bear that doesn't fit in your car or simply some flowers and a card like I do.

Not the actual flowers I am getting her, just our "table decoration" used for example. Believe me, don't buy a woman fake flowers.
The one thing I have learned in over fifteen years of marriage, it's not always the biggest flashiest things that bring the most joy. Something very simple works as well. Take my advice if you haven't already figured that out.

Simple is the word I would also use with my latest big trade I did with @90sNicheFBCards as we both simply just sent each other things we really liked and made probably the easiest agreement in a trade I have ever done. No back and forth on prices, values and cards, it was a simple, "yup looks good."

I won't get to all of our trade goodies today, but there was lots to show that I am saving for another day. Today I am simply taking one card out of it that I wanted to show off on Valentine's Day that I immediately fell in love with at first sight.

Picture a Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan kinda scene in You've Got Mail when I pulled out this card of my box....
 
"I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."
 
A 2017 Panini Phoenix Nike Swatch 1/1 Evan Engram autograph card. 
 
My first ever Nike swatch. It's not just because it is a rare gadgety card on why I love it, the design is really sharp, the swatch is cool and the layout is well done. It was quite the Valentine's Day card. Well, if it was red it would fit the theme more but Giants blue works better for me.

So now I want to challenge the rest of you in the blogging community. I want to see which card you LOVE this Valentines Day and why on your blogs. As for the rest of the non blogger readers, just tell me in comments yours.

I wish you all a day full of love and happiness. And chocolate, yes, who doesn't love some chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment