Sunday, February 18, 2018

I Walked The Plank With A Funny Story

I had an unexpected pretty big mail day last week. Finding mail days from @90sNicheFBCard, Bob Walk the Plank, and @NYCollects whose mail day was the biggest surprise of them all.

Here is why @NYCollects mail day was such a surprise.

Back in January, @NYCollects and I pulled off a small trade and being the nice guy he is he planned on mailing a bonus package of freebies as he was trying to downsize his collection. About a week later, it took both of us some time to mail, I got his package in the mail from the trade. All is good right. Well, about a week after that, I saw the mail lady pull up to my front door, they normally leave the packages by the mail box which is slightly down the road, and she was carrying this huge long box.

At first I was a tad excited, then I saw the label which seemed to had been taped on weirdly and the return address and thought, wow, this guy is totally trying to downsize. However I also realized this wasn't the picture of the packages he sent me.

I opened up the box slowly and to my surprise I found some brand new LED lights. So then I thought, this guy must really be trying to downsize :0

Upon checking out the package, I could see another address on there where it was really supposed to go back in December before Christmas. The label he used to send me the freebies had somehow fallen off the package I should have gotten, got taped onto that persons package of lights that were sent out before my package, and arrived to me a month after they were sent out to the other person. Weird but nothing surprises me anymore with the USPS.

So here I was with these long lights. So I contacted @NYCollects to let him know about the situation which we both could only laugh about. He did his best on his end to figure out the entire situation and to figure out what to do with the lights. Since he never heard anything back about them, well, the new lights were mine. However, I had no where to use them so I donated them to my father in law for his wood shop where he uses those lights.

So a month after that, this week, a the original package which we both thought had been lost in cybermail, arrived. I tried the best I could to hold back the laughter, but I couldn't.

The mail day was well worth the wait as he sent some pretty cool Gmen.

A new Brandon Jacobs for my PC
 
StarQuest inserts I needed towards my set. A new Hankins, wished the Giants hadn't let him go to Indy and my man Shockey.


90's love and I loved it. Look at the Stadium Club Sehorn and design of it. Great photography.
 
The 90's had some fun brands that weren't mainstream and a lot of them were made by Pacific who were geniuses at the time.
 
Another Stadium Club, some metal and a nice Score Amani Toomer.

 
Charles-show me the-Way. Loved my big bully full back. Giants haven't really had a good one in a few years.

 
And to end it without some football, a really cool acetate non sport insert. Dig it!
 
 
A big thanks to @NYCollects for the mail day. Give the dude a follow to. Good guy all around.
 
Up next, is my first ever mail day from Bob Walk the Plank.
 
All I can say is that you never forget your first.
 
Some Davis Webb love. Didn't have any of these.
 
 
Odell! Matt did well as I only had one of these cards. Really dig the Prizm Draft Picks card.
Other Gmen. I believe this is my first base card rookie of Travis Rudolph. A guy I kind of had a man crush on this season.
 
Landon Collins Chrome rookie, a trio of Gmen and an Evan Engram rookie.

 
Shiny stuff too. Didn't have the Eli and I love me some Crusades. Best looking insert out there right now especially by Panini.
 
A couple of rookies-Harrison and Apple-and a couple of Giant handsmen.
 
Whoa! Paul Perkins /10!! It's also the first one out of 10. XR was one of my favorite busts of 2017.
 
And if a /10 wasn't enough, a two color patch auto from Certified of Perkins. Very nice looking card.
 

Thanks Matt! That was one plank I don't mind walking again. (there are a ton of us with that name as bloggers so sometimes I feel like I am thanking myself when I get a mail day from one). I hope to hit you up again with another mail day soon. I have a stack that needs to go out to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment