For a few months now, I have been planning a fun event for 2017 with my Topps reviews. I do like the contests I host per review, but I thought I would amp it up a bit and have more fun with it. Especially since 2017 marks the 5th year of Sport Card Collectors.
So instead of doing a per review contest, I will have one contest a month. Before you freak out, continue reading.
Here is how this is going to work.
- I will pull prizes from my reviews for the month and set them aside for one winner. So prizes will vary on size and content depending on what I receive.
- To enter, you guys will need to submit to me at firstname.lastname@example.org the following. A photo of your Topps card collection or your favorite Topps card. You can be in the photo or you can take a photo of it. You can have your kids be involved. You could have your spouse have fun with it. You can take it from your rooftop. You can dress up with it.You can be as creative as you want to be as part 3 is very important. I will also need a name for the picture or your name. It's up to you.
- After submitting me a picture by the deadline I give (I won't take late entries), I will post up the pictures I get and readers will decide who wins for the month. This is why you have got to be creative. There will be a poll on the right side of the blog for readers to vote on their favorites. I will list those by the names you submit to me.
- Voting will go for at least a couple of weeks that way people have time. I will allow voters the access to vote on more than one picture.
- Contestants who don't win for the month, move onto the next month with possible new entries who wanted to enter or maybe didn't make the previous months deadline. Then it starts over again.
- You are more than welcomed to spread the word however you want to get people to vote on you. Put it in a blog post, post it on Twitter daily or even two or three times. Post it on Facebook, forums, wherever you can or want to.
- The bonus part of being a Topps Collector Of The Month other than receiving that monthly prize, you will also be entered in a grand prize voting in December for Topps Collector Of The Year where readers will vote on all of the monthly winners to narrow it down to one.
- The Grand Prize will be for a healthy stack of cards that I will set aside or have started to already.
- The contest starts in January and runs til November giving 11 entrants a chance in December for the grand prize.
- As with my other contests and I really do apologize for this, due to finances I can't afford to ship outside the U.S. I have had some outside the U.S. offering to pay for shipping, but I don't accept that for many reasons. Sorry. So this promo is ONLY OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS or to those who live outside the U.S. with a U.S. address.
(stay tuned tomorrow for the first deadline announcement)